• Software
  • Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website (p.3)
2019/01/02 15:48:04
Brian Walton
Larry Jones
Brian Walton

It is anything but an open source project.  I realize that "free" implies that, but you can buy a $30,000 Davinci Console to run the thing  https://www.bhphotovideo....i_Resolve.html Or you can buy the $300 Software Version that allows amazing realtime colaboration between different people working on the same timeline...seriously pro stuff.  The thing is, the free version basically gives you virtually the entire package outside of the realtime colaboration, that unless you work in a produciton house, you wouldn't actually use.  The tools are all there unlike other companies crippled versions.    

Yes, I use DaVinci.  I also have Vegas 15 and Premiere Pro for use on other computers that can't run DaVinci and for projects I'm handed by other companies.  Vegas I rarely use.  Premiere Pro I've used a lot over the years, but I think Davinci is better out of the box.  It takes quite a few plugins to get Premiere Pro to have a comperable feature set. 

(Auto Multi Cam Sync in all packages is still imperfect)     

Vegas 12 is far behind what Davinci 15 can do.  If your compuer can run it, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.  

Very impressive. The BlackMagic website is confusing, though, and does not seem to include system requirements to run Resolve 15. I guess since I have to ask I probably couldn't run it anyway. Since I just make make pretty simple music videos and slide shows I think for now I'll stick to what I have. I agree Vegas does do things backwards from Premiere, but it's consumer-level, and I'm used to it, and I know for sure it runs on my PC.

You won't know until you try it (if you choose to at some point).  Listing specs isn't really straightforward.  

It won't run on my older i3 desktop with dedicated graphics card that completely dominates my Lenovo T470.  That i3 computer will run 4 HD multi-cams with no problem on Premiere Pro.  Davinci won't even open on it.  However it will run on both a Laptop T450 and T470 with run of the mill onboard graphics cards.  Though I wouldn't use a bunch of multi-cams with those setups.  
2019/01/02 17:20:11
Jesse G
I had problems years ago when Sony handed over their products to Magix.  I was unable to gain access to my Sony CD Architect 5.2 and Sony Sound-Forge V 8 software after my hard drive crashed. I finally heard back from Magix and they sent me to a location where I  was able to change my password and gain access to their site which had my software.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account