• Software
  • Free copy of Home Studio (p.3)
2018/01/12 19:15:37
Cactus Music
Rbh
Will home studio open a CWP file?

This version of Home Studio is exactly the same as using Artist, Pro or Slpat. It is just missing a lot of fancy features but the core program is identical. I have opened plenty of Splat WP files in Home studio and if you have the same VST's it will not even hickup. Pro Channel will be missing most of the plug ins. 
2018/01/12 19:34:55
CakeAlexSHere
^^
One of the reasons why I avoided Pro Channel Plugins as much as possible.

As Pro Channel Plugins are just VST's with a skinned UI you would hope they would just get converted into a standard VST plugin when imported into hosts that do not support Pro Channel, and maybe vice versa.

And then there never was a VST for the Pro Channel EQ.
2018/01/13 00:07:27
Cactus Music
There's certainly nothing special about them. I only have used the EQ and compressor.  
And so Home Studio has the EQ, but no compressor so big deal, just put it in the good old BIN. 
I find HS will do almost anything I want outside of the Melodyn tricks and drum replacer. 
If you beef it up with your collection of 3rd part and Cakewalk stuff your almost working in the same environment. So what if the synth rack is gone, Cubase doesn't have one either. 

2018/01/13 00:41:28
Rbh
Thanks Cactus Music - this really good news for me. I've wanted a stripped down version just for playback from a Laptop and didn't want to save off entire projects in another format. Maybe just export some stem files and a few midi tracks for learning tools for others. Appreciate the link.
2018/01/13 01:26:31
mikedocy
Here is the comparison page:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Home Studio is limited to 64 tracks, 8 busses, and no patch points or aux tracks.

2018/01/13 05:14:16
Cactus Music
mikedocy
Here is the comparison page:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Home Studio is limited to 64 tracks, 8 busses, and no patch points or aux tracks.

Ya, there you go,,  I've never gone past 16 tracks, Never had more than 4 busses and Have never needed the aux tracks. 

RBH- This is exactly why I bought it a year ago when they first introduced it and it was on sale for $30. 
I was, and am,  planning on trying the Sonar Playlist for live playback of backing tracks. I'm almost there and I have about 60 songs ready but want all 100+ if I can. Sonar PLat has always made me nervous stability wise and is way overkill for this. Home Studio is just perfect.  
I will be using 4 audio outs and midi to trigger my effects. 
So I'm setting up each project with 4 busses. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be as I keep tweaking everything to death....

2018/01/13 11:32:26
soens
(STILL works till Feb 1)

^^free copy/paste item for your thread title.
2018/01/13 15:35:57
Cactus Music
Thanks, Looks like they extended it. Funny thing is they are giving something away but I don't even know who or what. Seems pointless to give stuff away whithout at least getting our e mail or something. It asks for email or Facebook but I noticed a little timer which then it ran down and by passed that page. I guess I cheated them by posting the redemtion code. 
2018/01/13 15:56:21
CTStump
That code is for the Computer Music mag which makes me suspect that as a warez site. I wouldn't give them any info beyond your email address and them filter your account and be wary of opening anything they send you.

It is what is though the serial number is legit.
2018/01/13 21:37:12
Sixfinger
So, I used the code, redeemed and downloaded it, and have a serial number. Haven't felt a need to install at this time.  Question I have is on activation. Is the SN enough, or do you get a Registration number like the old days, or is it just like the current Splat version?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account