• Software
  • Free copy of Home Studio (p.4)
2018/01/13 21:53:21
DeeringAmps
It opens cwp files, I get that, BUT it does not support aux tracks or patch points?
Will it open a cwp file that contains aux or patch points?
That's the important question.
X3 opens cwp files just fine, Unless they contain aux or patch.

T
2018/01/13 23:15:45
Cactus Music
Seems to wok just fine.. Only warning you get will be if you have a Pro Channel plug in. 

2018/01/13 23:20:33
michael diemer
Definitely try it. Download is only an hour and install just minutes. Incredibly powerful for such a small program. Continues to amaze me. 

One issue I have is that it doesn't appear to have Step Record. It has Step Sequencer, but I've never used that. Does it do the same thing?
2018/01/13 23:31:19
Cactus Music
CTStump
That code is for the Computer Music mag which makes me suspect that as a warez site. I wouldn't give them any info beyond your email address and them filter your account and be wary of opening anything they send you.

It is what is though the serial number is legit.

You didn't read the first post.. You don't need to have anything to do with the web site. Just open the Cakewalk page and enter the redemption code. I navigated the (wares?) site for you. There's no need to give them anything.  I just put that link so people would be aware of what and where it was from. Other wise folks might think I'm sharing something I shouldn't be sharing.. And so what if it's a scam . it works. An if it is something Cakewalk doesn't want to happen then why does the redemption code work? 

2018/01/13 23:35:34
Cactus Music
Sixfinger
So, I used the code, redeemed and downloaded it, and have a serial number. Haven't felt a need to install at this time.  Question I have is on activation. Is the SN enough, or do you get a Registration number like the old days, or is it just like the current Splat version?

All new versions of Sonar including Home Studio use Command Center or the offline activation system. 
So you risk not being able to activate it in the future if and when the Cakewalk servers are taken down and we still did not receive our unlock codes. 
2018/01/13 23:41:38
Cactus Music
michael diemer
Definitely try it. Download is only an hour and install just minutes. Incredibly powerful for such a small program. Continues to amaze me. 

One issue I have is that it doesn't appear to have Step Record. It has Step Sequencer, but I've never used that. Does it do the same thing?

Well I'm not sure what Step record is, never heard of it.But Step Sequencer I think goes back a long,long way and is pretty straight forward to use. I've only used it to create a short drum pattern I then groove clip loop and drag out to make a quick drum beat for a new song. 
I play all my parts on a keyboard, step sequencing is painfully slow. 
I just hack out the part and as long as your timing is pretty good the notes can then be moved around in PVR. Step sequencer is very crude. 
2018/01/14 00:47:38
CTStump
@ Cactus Music
I was answering your post prior to mine where you wondered if they wanted an email or a facebook which is the case in the first link to that site in your OP.

I guess I should have qouted that but I didn't think it was necessary and that serial IS the Computer Music mag. Serial.... That's fair isn't it?

Carry on....
2018/01/14 01:29:16
Rain
Hmmm... I'm worrying if this would work on the old Alienware XP pc.

Downloaded at any rate, as I may someday upload the old machine or grab some kind of Windows laptop. Since Sonar for Mac never really happened (don't even mention that poor attempt last year...) Might finally give me a taste of Sonar after 8.5.
2018/01/14 02:56:02
abacab
DeeringAmps
It opens cwp files, I get that, BUT it does not support aux tracks or patch points?
Will it open a cwp file that contains aux or patch points?
That's the important question.
X3 opens cwp files just fine, Unless they contain aux or patch.

T

I saved a project in Platinum with an aux track, then opened it in Home Studio.  It seems that Home Studio recognizes the aux track and opens it just fine!  Just can't create a new one...
2018/01/14 03:01:17
Cactus Music
CTStump
@ Cactus Music
I was answering your post prior to mine where you wondered if they wanted an email or a facebook which is the case in the first link to that site in your OP.

I guess I should have qouted that but I didn't think it was necessary and that serial IS the Computer Music mag. Serial.... That's fair isn't it?

Carry on....

Ah, I see I read your post wrong thanks for the clarification,, 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account