• Software
  • Free copy of Home Studio (p.5)
2018/02/08 18:27:49
bjornpdx
As of Feb 7 the offer still works.  I noticed a "last day" message in there somewhere but maybe that's been there awhile.
2018/02/11 22:47:42
mumpcake
Did it yesterday.  I guess that's what happens when there's nobody left to take care of those sorts of things.
2018/02/12 19:41:19
smusic.org
Thanks so much for posting that Cactus Music.  I was able to download it today (Feb 12th).

I have been very concerned about replacing my "studio" PC and moving to Windows 10 for activation, compatibility, & driver issues.  If I can get my audio interface running on Win10 with Home Studio then at least I will have "something" in case my Win7/Sonar 8.5 Producer PC dies suddenly.
2018/02/12 19:44:37
Cactus Music
mumpcake
Did it yesterday.  I guess that's what happens when there's nobody left to take care of those sorts of things.

You could be right, Seems odd to give away possibly hundreds of copies of  a $50 program. Actually $125 if you count the Rapture and Big Fish stuff that was tossed in. 
I hope this doesn't turn out to be some sort of hack to the Cake store. 
But then they read this forum and would have seen this thread. I got the link originally from Page 54 of the "cakewalk announcement"  thread. Noel Posted immediately afterwards so must have seen it.  
2018/02/13 20:39:10
JonD
Cactus Music
Seems odd to give away possibly hundreds of copies of  a $50 program. Actually $125 if you count the Rapture and Big Fish stuff that was tossed in. 

Given the circumstances, I think the goodwill it might generate with some users is worth more than a few thousand $$ to Gibson.  They still have to do business and sell guitars, and trying to squeeze every last dollar out of a dying division just would not go over well.
2018/02/25 19:03:53
MandolinPicker
Well, it is two days after the BandLab buyout (2/25) and it still works. Entered the redemption code and everything went through fine.
2018/02/25 21:09:32
Cactus Music
Ya I didn't expect it to last this long. Any day now I guess. They must be working on the Web site stuff and the store should have totally closed by now. 
2018/02/25 21:35:52
abacab
Guess they are not finished giving away the 'gateway drug' yet!!! 
2018/02/25 23:51:18
fresh101
abacab

An increased user base would be a good thing for everybody. Plus getting hooked on a cheap or free product might give them incentive to upgrade at the discount price. That's how Air Musictech got me as a full costumer after they pretty much gave away Xpand2 for a buck a while back. Wound up getting the whole freakin bundle.
2018/02/26 03:16:20
abacab
fresh101
abacab

An increased user base would be a good thing for everybody. Plus getting hooked on a cheap or free product might give them incentive to upgrade at the discount price. That's how Air Musictech got me as a full costumer after they pretty much gave away Xpand2 for a buck a while back. Wound up getting the whole freakin bundle.

Yup, same here.  I'm just glad that http://inmusicbrands.com/ (AIR parent) did not end up buying Sonar though...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account