2011/01/10 23:23:28
ba_midi
I just wanted to mention that the new Digital Sound Factory Electronica "Bundle" for Rapture are quite excellent.

I've been critical of some of their sound sets in the past, and did so honestly.

But I also think it's just as important to speak up when something is really good too.

So for those who are looking for some great Rapture synth/dance/etc sounds, this bundle is worth the price in my opinion.

There are 3 soundsets, each one good in their own right.  It would take a long time to use them all, that's how many good/varied/differernt ones there are.

So I just wanted to let others know as well.

2011/01/11 11:15:10
Fog
I've had them since they first come out.. and yep it is a LOT of sounds

i tend to not say if something is good, as the less people that use it.. the better.hehe

2011/01/11 14:00:43
S.Wallis
Thanks for the heads up, i'm checking them out now.

On a side note, why has it taken so long for someone to release a commercial expansion pack for Rapture?

Rapture is much more powerful than Dim Pro, but up until now all expansion packs (excluding freeware sounds) have been for Dim Pro. The only reason i can think of is because more people have Dim Pro than the full version of Rapture because Dim Pro came with Sonar PE.

Out of the three, do any stand out, or are they all as good as each other? Thanks.
2011/01/11 14:26:31
AT
I think you hit on the reasons, Wallis.  Also, since DimPro is seen as more of a "sampler" (and can use sounds longer than 300o samples) it is a more natural platform for acoustic samples.  Many developers already have their sounds recorded - it is just a matter of adapting them to the DimPro programming.

@
2011/01/11 14:29:12
ba_midi
Fog

I've had them since they first come out.. and yep it is a LOT of sounds

i tend to not say if something is good, as the less people that use it.. the better.hehe

Haha, sometimes I'm that way too ;)   But I felt I owed DSF a statement about this because I was pretty critical of another release they had - so I just wanted to be balanced.

There really are a TON of usable patches in all 3 sets though.

Just playing with them last night, I ended up starting a new track I like ... which of course meant getting very little sleep ... Oy ;)

2011/01/11 14:32:17
ba_midi
S.Wallis

On a side note, why has it taken so long for someone to release a commercial expansion pack for Rapture?

Rapture is much more powerful than Dim Pro, but up until now all expansion packs (excluding freeware sounds) have been for Dim Pro. The only reason i can think of is because more people have Dim Pro than the full version of Rapture because Dim Pro came with Sonar PE.

Out of the three, do any stand out, or are they all as good as each other? Thanks.

I don't know the answer about Dim Pro vs Rapture.  I think they are both good products, but Rapture definitely has more features and "umph".  

I spent as much time as I could going through as many patches from this particular soundset bundle and I honestly felt all 3 soundsets were loaded with good stuff.

As some might remember, I was (and am) critical of soundset vendors who basically give like 10-15% usable/fresh stuff and then rehash the rest (ie, more echo, retuned, etc, but mostly the same patches).

This bundle has a very wide range of sounds and I think it easily would fall into the "lots of good/fresh/usable" category -- which is refreshing and worth noting.

2011/01/11 21:53:19
Fog
S.Wallis

there are other ones, I mean Craig has done 2 , the moog + guitar ones. Galbanum did a fair few...
you have muz3um for rapture ? (grab it, it's free if not)

there is the universal 120.. http://www.fisound.com
BioMechanoid Vol. 1

they are all on the web to buy, even in the cake shop.. or bakery.. or is it both...aggh !

there was a bank of the month one
also
computer music had a small pack

I wouldn't compare rapture and dp , they have some commonality sure..but how the sound is generated in most of the cases , rapture is using the engine to make the sounds from very little. if you deconstuct one of the muz3um patches the sound used it next to nothing in some cases

for me DP is easier to program, but am doing reading on rapture currently

2011/01/11 22:59:36
ba_midi
Fog

S.Wallis

there are other ones, I mean Craig has done 2 , the moog + guitar ones. Galbanum did a fair few...
you have muz3um for rapture ? (grab it, it's free if not)

there is the universal 120.. http://www.fisound.com
BioMechanoid Vol. 1

they are all on the web to buy, even in the cake shop.. or bakery.. or is it both...aggh !

there was a bank of the month one
also
computer music had a small pack

I wouldn't compare rapture and dp , they have some commonality sure..but how the sound is generated in most of the cases , rapture is using the engine to make the sounds from very little. if you deconstuct one of the muz3um patches the sound used it next to nothing in some cases

for me DP is easier to program, but am doing reading on rapture currently

Well in all honesty, I have a bunch of those (not all) and I wasn't crazy about a lot of it.   That's why I mentioned this particular set because there's SO many good sounds, as opposed to a handful.

But as for Rapture ... I think it's actually a more powerful synth in a lot of ways than DimPro.  They are both good in their own right, but Rapture just seems more flexible.

Both are a little tricky to tweak due to the way the interfaces are presented, but once one gets into them deeper (the manuals do help lol), a lot can be done that isn't always obvious on the surface.

One new sound from this sound set just got me going on a new track that's actually turning out pretty good.

It's not finished, but if anyone is interested, it's here for now:
http://www.ba-midi.com/st...0-%20The%20Grimmer.mp3

It's dance/house/groove and still needs the ear candy stuff (swooshes and all that) but I'm hopin' to make it work real good by tomorrow.

2011/01/12 12:56:47
dmbaer
ba_midi

I just wanted to mention that the new Digital Sound Factory Electronica "Bundle" for Rapture are quite excellent.

I've been critical of some of their sound sets in the past, and did so honestly.

But I also think it's just as important to speak up when something is really good too.

So for those who are looking for some great Rapture synth/dance/etc sounds, this bundle is worth the price in my opinion.

There are 3 soundsets, each one good in their own right.  It would take a long time to use them all, that's how many good/varied/differernt ones there are.

One additional piece of info for potential buyers.  The CW site offers these libraries for sale, but provides no demo tracks.  If you want to hear some samples, go to the DSF site which has some (brief) demos.  Based on those, I'm seriously considering picking these all three sets (although I'd like to hear more sounds in the demo).

I've never purchased anything from DSF, but they have a stated "satisfaction guaranteed" policy which gives me an additional comfort level about the purchase.  It does suggest that buying directly from DSF may be a safer way to acquire the sounds, however.
2011/01/12 13:24:07
ba_midi
dmbaer

ba_midi

One additional piece of info for potential buyers.  The CW site offers these libraries for sale, but provides no demo tracks.  If you want to hear some samples, go to the DSF site which has some (brief) demos.  Based on those, I'm seriously considering picking these all three sets (although I'd like to hear more sounds in the demo).

I've never purchased anything from DSF, but they have a stated "satisfaction guaranteed" policy which gives me an additional comfort level about the purchase.  It does suggest that buying directly from DSF may be a safer way to acquire the sounds, however.

David, that's a very good point - ie., getting them from DSF directly and avoid the horrible CW store at all cost lol.

It tooks DAYS to get the serial#s and files from the CW store.  I actually was in touch with DSF -- which has EXCELLENT support, btw - and they were going to send me direct links.   But then I was able to get through to CW tech support after a few days and a helpful tech sent me direct links as well.

In plain English - the CW online store is horrible.   So yeah, get these soundsets direct if you can.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account