2011/01/12 18:42:48
Genghis
+1 on the bundle and on the Cakewalk store.  I'm really finding a lot of very useful sounding presets in this bundle.  I almost passed on it, because it's not something I really need, but I'm glad I picked it up.

I have a few of the other sets mentioned above, and while they do have some good sounds, they seem to have a lot of "Gee, look what I can make this synth do" type of sounds.  That type of thing sound cool on its own, but never works into a song very well.

As far as the Cakewalk store goes, I never had a problem in the past, but this time around I ordered Saturday and got links that didn't work, so I emailed them.  Never heard back, but I kept checking back and trying again.  Finally last night (Tuesday) I was able to download the files.  Wish I had thought to go directly to DSF instead. 
2011/01/12 21:14:25
Fog
Genghis

I have a few of the other sets mentioned above, and while they do have some good sounds, they seem to have a lot of "Gee, look what I can make this synth do" type of sounds.  That type of thing sound cool on its own, but never works into a song very well.

I shouldn't be telling you this.. as the less people that use the sounds the better.. but try turning off the fx's as well .. and it has a big impact

2011/01/29 05:25:55
TheSteven
Maybe its because its 2:20am and my circuits are kinda fried but it took me a lot longer to find this than it should have.  Here's the link if anyone else is hunting for it:

Electronica Ignited: Rapture Expansion Pack Bundle by Digital Sound Factory
2011/02/02 18:53:36
timidi
awesome track Billy..
2011/02/02 21:09:55
ba_midi
timidi

awesome track Billy..

Gee, thanks Tim! :)

THere's newer ones (including that one) on my site btw.

2011/02/03 17:35:40
Kroneborge
Ok, now I feel stupid, I got those sounds, but can't figure out how to make rapture see them.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
2011/02/03 19:34:13
ba_midi
Kroneborge

Ok, now I feel stupid, I got those sounds, but can't figure out how to make rapture see them.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

If they are installed properly, go into Rapture, click on the "Empty Program" field at the top, and then hit F5 when the browser comes up.  This will refresh the list of programs.

If you don't see the Digital Sound Factory additions at that time, then you may not have installed them properly.

If you still need help after checking/doing the above, let me know.

2011/02/03 19:46:32
Kroneborge
It's definitely not installed correctly.   Freaken cakewalk put some of the files on my C drive, and then the rest is on "G" where  it should be.  

So, I see where to put the "program" files but I don't see a multi sample folder on the "C" drive.

Music making 101, says your music stuff should be on a different drive than your C drive, and yet many program makers still put files all over the place (my documents, REALLY???)

Anyway, I don't see any way to point the programs to the multi samples.

Thanks for the help :)
2011/02/03 20:19:52
ba_midi
Kroneborge

It's definitely not installed correctly.   Freaken cakewalk put some of the files on my C drive, and then the rest is on "G" where  it should be.  

So, I see where to put the "program" files but I don't see a multi sample folder on the "C" drive.

Music making 101, says your music stuff should be on a different drive than your C drive, and yet many program makers still put files all over the place (my documents, REALLY???)

Anyway, I don't see any way to point the programs to the multi samples.

Thanks for the help :)

Your Rapture installation should already point to the drive:folder for multisamples.  
I'll be at my DAW soon and I'll look at how I installed and let you know.

Try the F5 browser refresh though.

2011/02/03 20:51:19
Kroneborge
Yes the f5 worked in that I can now see the new programs, but the multisamples for the new programs just aren't in the right spot, lol
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account