• Software
  • Spitfire on the best orchestral reverb (p.2)
2017/05/29 00:25:49
bitflipper
JonD
...I'd think the best reverb would be the hall sound recorded with the strings.  IOW, there ought to be several mic positions you can control from within the string library.

Absolutely. However, most orchestrators routinely use more than one library, even within a single string, brass or percussion group. It is for that reason that modern orchestral libraries are recorded dry, or at least provide that option as an alternative to traditional room miking. To create the illusion that all of these disparate libraries constitute a single ensemble, standard practice is to route them all to a common convolution reverb.

And anybody who puts french horns through a spring reverb probably also likes pineapple on pizza. Pfft.

2017/05/29 00:43:25
Fleer
Hawaii!
2017/05/29 00:48:39
backwoods
now i want to buy VSS3 from tc electronics! smooth move fleer
2017/05/29 01:47:53
Fleer
I feel your pain :)
2017/05/30 02:39:25
Zo
I m pretty on phase with their feeling ... the pcm has a sens of creating spaces like very few around ... also the tc ....the fabfilter , while i love it ...don t have this instant 3dness .... guyz , to save you some buks if you guyz own the pcm ...learn them well , younwill absolutly don t need the tc .....

+1 on Spaces ...but they (east west) could have evolved it , but nothing since years ...sad , this could be a dangerous one !!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account