2006/07/17 16:06:02
:10:
this is great...some motivation to push me into creating a new skin myself.... gave up on the last dimension skin after some minor problems. still may finish it...just need to fix a few things I messed up...

2006/07/17 17:58:42
Rat Pure
Yeah...Dimension Pro...I'd like to skin it too, it's brighter and could make a great "golden" skin, Mmmh !
...But I don't have it either, and there's no available Demo...

But having a look at the GUI, it looks like it's VERY similar to Rapture's. The buttons and pots look the same, etc...Right?

Well...maybe if someone could send me the "Resources" folder (I guess there's one, too) - I wouldn't ask for the whole plugin : just the images, ONLY the skin folder, AHAHAH - then it'd be quite "amusing" to try to skin it and send it back for test...(Great suspense! Would that work?)

Anyway, I have many other ideas about Rapture ! Other colors, other textures...

So : to be continued !
2006/07/17 18:12:10
Rat Pure
i can't seem to get it - the site is giving me grief!!!

I enter the code then click on the download button, but keeps saying session expired

Nice skin tho!!

Could s.o. check the link, please? I'm at my working place right now, so I can't check it "up to the actual downloading".
(But it seems OK, though?)
2006/07/17 18:40:16
b rock
check the link, please?
It took two tries, RP, but I snagged it. I do appreciate good graphic work, but I'll admit I'm not much of a 'skins swapper'. Hey, anything for a guy who actually downloaded my user-defined LFO package and used it (from the looks of your screenshot).

I think that Frank@ProSounds used the "Ratpure" description recently, but it may have been Paradroid who coined the phrase. Rapture is second only to Dimension in name-mangling frequency. I nominate that the next Expression Engine synth be christened EE. It's kinda' hard to screw that up.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are Dimension Pro skins available at the P5 Wiki [here], in case you want to experiment.
2006/07/17 19:59:13
Rat Pure
It took two tries, RP, but I snagged it.

Mucho thanks, B rock !

but I'll admit I'm not much of a 'skins swapper'.

Hey, are you telling me you're OK with that..."dull blueish dark" genuine skin???
(I'm not !)

Also, I tried to "clarify" the GUI by using colors for the switches (Filters : red for LP, green for BP, yellow for HP - I made the elements switches orange, but the Global one's red - The Modulators pages switches have different colors too, the pots center positions are red...) so I can see the setup in a flash, it's more "readable".
Well you know, at least that's how I see it!!

Hey, anything for a guy who actually downloaded my user-defined LFO package and used it

Oh thanks, actually this was a wink...or better : a tribute to all your great work!
(By the way, thanks a lot for your countless contributions to the...community !)

I nominate that the next Expression Engine synth be christened EE. It's kinda' hard to screw that up.

(I really hope the next one to come will be something like "EE Drums", then !
Dreaming of a Drum Sampler...sfz, blah blah blah...)

2006/07/17 22:39:20
b rock
Hey, are you telling me you're OK with that..."dull blueish dark" genuine skin???
You ought to see it in modeled in 3D; it looks like a piece of hardware when you add wood-grain side panels. Extruded knobs, recessed displays lit by volumetrics; matching MIDI Matrix, Browser and X-Y Pad (using LightWave and Max). I'm saving that one for the book cover.
2011/01/29 09:21:17
unan

Almost finished.. :)
2011/01/29 14:52:27
Teksonik
Ooooh now that looks nice. A bit dark but that might just be from the screenshot. How did you change the colors of the envelope lines and waveform display? Or did you? Let us know when it's done please.

I deblued the default skin to make it easier on my eyes.

2011/01/30 14:12:02
thomasabarnes
I deblued the default skin

How did you do that?

unan:

Looks nice! Keep us updated? :)
2011/01/31 07:19:09
Teksonik
thomasabarnes

I deblued the default skin

How did you do that?

I just used Paint Shop Pro's Colorize function.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account