2008/04/06 05:17:10
Desperate Dan
I Was recently going through the Dim Pro Sound Banks and realised that when I selected Expansion Pack 2 and went to the *Grooves* Category and then Selected Sounds from Either *Drum n Bass* or *Hip Hop* Categories the Message appears as follows:

Any Body Else having the Same problem?
2008/04/06 08:19:08
b rock
Do a search of your drive(s) for "Dimenson Pro.dll". If you chose both VST(i) and DX(i) versions at installation, you should only have two instances of the .dll in total. Each of them should be Version 1.2.0.214 or similar in the Properties sheet. It's my guess that you have more than one VST(i) resident, and one of them is still holding at Version 1.x.x.xxx.
2008/04/06 08:43:46
ChristopherM
I have had a similar message as a consequence of making an error in re-organising folder structures (in my case to force Rap and DimPro to share multisamples). It went away as soon as I corrected the typo in the folder. Of course, in that case, I got a similar error when I attemoted to load any prog. If you are getting it only for a few, have you checked that the the referenced .RX2 files are in the place where Dim Pro expects to find them? Have the been accidentally moved or deleted? (Sorry if I am simply telling you what is already obvious!)
2008/04/06 10:32:38
Desperate Dan
Do a search of your drive(s) for "Dimenson Pro.dll". If you chose both VST(i) and DX(i) versions at installation, you should only have two instances of the .dll in total. Each of them should be Version 1.2.0.214 or similar in the Properties sheet.

The DXI Dim Pro .DLL is ver 1.2.0.214 and is in the C:\program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro Sub Directory
The VST Dim Pro .DLL is ver 1.2.0.214 and is in the C:\program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Dimension Pro Sub Directory

I didn't move any Directories on install either, they are in the Default content directory in my case E:\Instrument Soundbanks\Multisamples which was specified on Install. All the Other Patches find their samples. If I look in the Multisamples sub-directory all the Missing RX2 files are there Obviously the Install failed to point to the Alternate directory specified in the Install path options?

I Have logged this with Cakewalk but I don't hold my breath.
2008/04/06 11:09:39
bvideo
The .rx2 file is in a newer format than the original Dim Pro accepts. There are updates somewhere (this one?).
Edit, sorry didn't see you have already checked your version number, but still, it is a .rx2 which is part of the new features.
Bill B.
2008/04/06 11:15:39
Desperate Dan
The .rx2 file is in a newer format than the original Dim Pro accepts. There are updates somewhere (this one?).

The DLLs are already updated hence the 1.2.0.214 from the Original Dim Pro 1.10 DLL. It's definately a Bug as the RX2's are there the Program simply isn't pointing to the right Path. All the other patches find their Multisamples?
2008/04/06 12:31:39
SteveJL
So, can anyone with DIM Pro confirm they are having the same trouble? (Sorry, I noticed no-one has actually answered THAT)
2008/04/06 17:28:14
bvideo

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

So, can anyone with DIM Pro confirm they are having the same trouble? (Sorry, I noticed no-one has actually answered THAT)

I can confirm that I am not having that trouble; those patches load and play OK. No clue what the trouble would be on your machine.

I notice my version number is 1.2.0.215 (maybe that is the RTAS patch?). And I did not install the DXi version.
Bill B.
2008/04/06 19:26:02
SteveJL
Then I woyuld hazard a guess that maybe there is a LE version interfering, maybe? I would do a full uninstall of all things Dimension, and a reinstall of Pro.
2008/04/07 04:21:38
ChristopherM
LE version interfering, maybe?
Dim Pro and Dim LE install by default as two completely independent plugs, so I would say that this is unlikely to be the answer unless OP has taken any actions that would remove their independence - for example, by moving, merging, or deleting samples and folders.

Mr. Desperate, have you confirmed that the specific .rx2 files that the error message references are actually present and correct in the appropriate folder? Bear in mind that unless you have performed the merging of folders (together with the registry hacks) any sample required by any prog for Dim Pro must be in the folder corresponding to Dim Pro, any sample required for any prog for Dim LE must be in its corresponding folder, and any required for both must be in each folder.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account