2008/04/07 15:21:44
Desperate Dan
Hi Billy

You were on the Money, here's the Procedure by Craig Anderton

I had a similar problem but got everything working fine with the very latest driver on Windows, as available from the Propellerheads site. Apparently, installing various programs can add copies of the REX Shared Library DLL at various places on your hard drive, causing confusion and perhaps causing a program to use an outdated or corrupted version. This can also happen with ReWire-compatible programs. To fix this:

1. Go to http://www.propellerheads.se and click on Downloads.
2. Under Miscellaneous Updates, click on the ReWire and REX Shared Library links, then download the appropriate installers for your system.

Propellorheads have made the Procedure a lot easier with an Install instead of having to search for the DLLs anymore. Alls well with Dim Pro Grooves now. No Thanks to Tech Support.
2008/04/07 15:33:51
ba_midi
Hi Dan,

Well, I'm glad I could be of help.

I don't have Reason or any Propellerhead apps on my system, so I guess that's why I never ran into this problem.

But as long as you're rockin' again, that's what matters.

Enjoy.

ORIGINAL: Desperate Dan

Hi Billy

You were on the Money, here's the Procedure by Craig Anderton

I had a similar problem but got everything working fine with the very latest driver on Windows, as available from the Propellerheads site. Apparently, installing various programs can add copies of the REX Shared Library DLL at various places on your hard drive, causing confusion and perhaps causing a program to use an outdated or corrupted version. This can also happen with ReWire-compatible programs. To fix this:

1. Go to http://www.propellerheads.se and click on Downloads.
2. Under Miscellaneous Updates, click on the ReWire and REX Shared Library links, then download the appropriate installers for your system.

Propellorheads have made the Procedure a lot easier with an Install instead of having to search for the DLLs anymore. Alls well with Dim Pro Grooves now. No Thanks to Tech Support.

2008/04/07 21:03:52
Tané
Hi Dan
I tried to dupilicate your problem but my patches loaded fine. Sorry I couldn't help you find an answer
2008/04/08 04:39:57
Desperate Dan
Hi Dan
I tried to dupilicate your problem but my patches loaded fine. Sorry I couldn't help you find an answer

I Did find the Problem, Thanks, Billy was on the Money with that one, Still no word from Cakewalk Tech support though.
2011/01/20 22:27:48
Molasar
I confirm I have the exact same problem, just on Mac OS X!

I have Dim Pro 1.5

I have installed Propellerheads REX Shared Library 1.6. Doesn't work. 1.7 and doesn't work either.

Help!
2011/01/21 12:18:04
FunkenGrooven
I confirm the problem as well, I started a thread a while back here http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2178523 
I don't have reason or any propellerhead stuff on my machine so I'm not sure what to do I need a "For Dummies" fix:)
2011/01/21 17:02:57
Molasar
I also used the Load Multisample dialogue to force Dim-Pro to load the REX file, but nothing, nada, zippo. No error, but no load either.

I'm on Mac Snow OS X 1.6.6, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Dim Pro 1.5.

Behaviour is the same with the microhost. For the life of me, I can't find the solution.

(I can import the REX files into Logic directly, if that helps... but they should work within Dim Pro as expected, right?)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account