• Features & Ideas
  • Please lift the restriction of max zoom for lanes [Improved 2016:8]
2015/03/10 21:30:28
Keni
All too often i need to work/edit clips in lanes and require the visual accuracy of a full screen zoom of the clip i'm working on...

The current Brain zoom fix for lanes is a little more logical than previously, but still evades this issue... The new lane zoom is fine for comping, but not editing...

Please lift this restriction and add a "special" command to zoom all of one track's lanes...

Please?

Keni
2015/03/10 21:43:29
stevec
Absolutely!

May as well look into allowing a slightly smaller minimum height too while they're in there...

2015/03/10 21:58:10
Keni
stevec
Absolutely!

May as well look into allowing a slightly smaller minimum height too while they're in there...

Yes! I run into that as well!

Keni
2015/03/17 22:56:42
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Yes. Lanes and tracks should be completely adjustable.

These limits are arbitrary settings.  Just as is requiring 50% population of the track view, which stops showing only one track, unless the track is manually adjusted to fill the 50%.
2015/03/19 09:24:56
icontakt
stevec

+1000

I've been asking for this ever since Take lanes were implemented, and when I started comping audio takes I also wished for a bigger maximum height.
2015/04/28 22:35:35
theheliosequence
Oh Goodness Yes!!!
2015/08/24 17:08:13
Keni
Someday I will be comfortable editing when I can again see well... It seems not enough people are bothered by this and the Bakers feel the current implementation is just fine...

Sad as this is an in-my-face issue in almost everything I do in Sonar and it was so much easier for me to do this editing in 8.5.3...

Yes, they've given us lots of other cool tools that help with work flow but this is one fundamental issue a level beneath what we can do... What we can see! <sigh>
2015/08/24 17:25:03
Notecrusher
Yes! Voted. Also please make Fit MIDI Content work on lanes.
2015/08/25 02:21:42
icontakt
Keni
Someday I will be comfortable editing when I can again see well... It seems not enough people are bothered by this and the Bakers feel the current implementation is just fine...

Sad as this is an in-my-face issue in almost everything I do in Sonar and it was so much easier for me to do this editing in 8.5.3...

Yes, they've given us lots of other cool tools that help with work flow but this is one fundamental issue a level beneath what we can do... What we can see! <sigh>

Allow me to suggest this. How about using 8.5.3 for recording and comping (if it has a comping feature), then importing the comped files into SPlat for mixing? In fact, that's what I decided to do (except that it's another daw I'm going to use, not 8.5.3). Take lanes probably won't be improved at least for a year or so.
2015/08/25 13:33:11
Keni
Thanks for the thought/idea...

But my problem is with the editing, not the recording...

A new issue now that we have a feature set called comping...

I don't use comping mode for recording at all at this time...

Comping for me is all about selecting the best portions of takes to use for actual finals...

Right now it appears that the zoom settings for lanes are all about comping only... Not conducive for a lot of editing for many of us.

It appears they are trying to deal with the selection of clip portions all the time and not making allowance for those of us who frequently need to do more intricate editing on these Kane's as well... Or at least they feel the max zoom for lanes to be big enough? We don't all find this comfortable and trying to switch to track view and edit there doesn't always work due to overlaps and such...

Similar issue for smallest zoom. They have set a minimum zoom trying to alliw fir a certain amount of display for the related buttons and notes but many of us find the need to see more lanes on screen at one time than the notes and buttons...

Here's hoping we get an unannounced adjustment to these limitations... Though I'm not holding my breath... ;-)

Keni
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account