• Features & Ideas
  • Please lift the restriction of max zoom for lanes [Improved 2016:8] (p.3)
2016/08/11 21:48:58
stevec
Keni
Thanks for the push gang...

The more of us that make ourselves known as desiring this, the more likely we'll see this sometime soon!

Perhaps some progress?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-Early-Access-Program-is-Now-Live-for-the-Upcoming-Release-of-SONAR-201608-m3463162.aspx

2016/08/12 00:06:50
Keni
stevec
Keni
Thanks for the push gang...

The more of us that make ourselves known as desiring this, the more likely we'll see this sometime soon!

Perhaps some progress?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-Early-Access-Program-is-Now-Live-for-the-Upcoming-Release-of-SONAR-201608-m3463162.aspx

Wow! What good news!

Made the top of the lust, eh? ;-)

Surprised to see the release so early this month... I'll grab it ASAP...

Thanks for the news/link!
2016/08/12 00:26:48
stevec
You're welcome, Keni.  I just happened to see the EAP notice, read that first line, then had to track down this thread and add the link. 
2016/08/12 02:10:35
Keni
Thanks Steve...

I just installed and took a quick look...

Definitely better so far... The minimum is now the same as a track minimum...

The max? Well it's better, but still not what I hope for... The say they doubled the max... Ok, now double that so zooming a clip in a lane fills the screen as would a zoomed track!

We're almost there!

As to the other changes? I haven't checked for them specifically and nothing jumped out at me... I didn't test for the changes (fade ins etc) yet...
2016/08/13 20:08:07
Keni
For all the gang who expressed their interest in this...

The recent early access release of 1016:8 is a big step towards fulfilling the desires expressed here.

The minimum height is now a single line/height as with tracks... and the maximum has been doubled!

Almost perfect! ...and along with it, a note from Noel speaking of full zoom still to come and it is currently in the works but apparently more difficult to implement than might appear...

So breathe slow, enjoy the improvements and know that more is coming!

Thanks foe everyone's support!
2016/08/14 04:08:00
soens
At least in X3, take lane editing is frustratingly limited to begin with. I always have to revert to the main clip for most edits sometimes forcing me to move takes into new tracks.
2016/08/14 14:30:06
Keni
I don't remember what x3 was in regard to this... It's been a while...

I've had a lot of issues ever since changing from layers to lanes and for me it is still playing catch up... Though I appreciate some of the new tools given to us with lanes, there is still nothing important enough for all the issues of catch up...

I'm sure for many in different situations feel different than I do. Especially people editing multiple passes of multi-tracked live drum kits... I don't currently have a lot of need in that area....

But you might check out a demo version of the current SPlat and see if the many additions and fixes are helpful for you.... SPlat is well worth the upgrade!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account