2018/10/05 14:50:13
Zo
Hi my dear collegues , i created this thread for us to have a place to talk specifically T-Racks processors plugins , come here to share, ask have fun ...

Feel free to ask also for reviews and videos , if it can be done it will by anybody including of course me .

Cheers !
2018/10/05 15:30:37
Zo
Starting with the API emulations , those are great emus , light on cpu , superbe layout (even if the old one "frequencies displayed" style was a little more fast to tweak )and great sounding .

You guyz must know that it introduce saturation / distortion with a fair amount of compression when pushed , also those curves (eq off ) are not linear frequency wise :

The EQ PA has the most bass heavy curves , distortion is pleasing , compression responsive .... to be used when you need meat , body or calm done highs side on a material ...

The EQ PB is like the PA but less violent more tilty in curve of saturation

The EQ PG is the most conservative of the 3 in compression and distortion/eq curve

All that to say that beware of those carrecteristics , use them when needed because when so they will do wonder , if you need clean of clean just go waves , if you need api curves and preamps impact , you re in the right place just be aware of the impact !!
2018/10/05 18:41:55
Skyline_UK
On YouTube I found this excellent guide to the modules; the presenter has a very engaging style as well as lots of knowledge!
https://www.youtube.com/w...e1j_pPKuCQ&index=8

2018/10/06 00:01:35
oockkk
They changed the name and look of these API EQs.
API knobs is protected by trademark.
But the new look is good, and the sound stays the same
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpa/
2018/10/06 02:36:21
fret_man
Has anyone put together a cross reference between IK and Waves emulations?
2018/10/06 04:37:56
Zo
fret_man
Has anyone put together a cross reference between IK and Waves emulations?

Been A/B those heavily , and the first thing to know is for the graphical one , the difference is udge dew to disparity in values the tracks one is barely usable so it s sensible , we re talking 0.2 changes .... don t try to match by values ... the other two are similar to waves exept when the preamp is engaged because that low end boost and harmonics ...

So to sum up and solo instrument , i will go tracks , no doubt , for busses , i will go waves or tracks expt for the graphical one that will be waves ... cpu hit of the tracks is cool , no problem to use it in all tracks ...like the waves ...
2018/10/08 01:02:38
Zo
Today i ve been focusing on compressors , and the 670 is a pure beauty !! I mean one of the best comp itb , period , and you guyz know when it comes to compression , i m in quantic mode !! Lol

I said to myself , why the ff... didn t i used it more , then i remember the thing that gets on my nerve :

If you watch my video on the puigchild , you see that i like to play in unlink mode , m/s or dual to rechape the balance , specially to widen of narrow imaging after compreession or with compression , but the ik , doesn t have individual output but a global one so you have to play with input , thrsold ect to get it done , way more convioluted way ...

Under than that this compressor , from now will be on my template as a top 3 contender alongside with arousor wich tells a lot ...
2018/10/13 21:35:34
Zo
Hey guyz , today i was doing maintenance on my rig and found out that i didn't isntalled VST 3 versions of IK stuff , i know i don't do this kinda of omission for nothing , is it because they don't play well with S1 or sonar ...or just done it for SSD space ....?
2018/10/13 22:36:47
BobF
Present!!
2018/10/13 23:38:06
Zo
BobF
Present!!

what ?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account