2018/10/09 13:27:26
Mesh
No need to go Fruity Loops and try to Reason out with some Propellerhead's that can't even Ableton to use their Logic Pro coz they can't get any Tracktion from a Mixbus short bus....no Cakewalk here bro.
2018/10/09 13:38:38
Voda La Void
I saw the thread you're referring to and it didn't seem that bad, to me.  I've always seen this kind of product worship as fairly pathetic.  I guess it can wear on you, but I don't put a lot of stock into what other people think about much of anything, unless it has consequences for me.  In this case, hating the DAW that I love to use just has no impact on me at all.  

And it seems rather small minded and religious to hate on Cakewalk as much as it is to worship whatever DAW it is they think serves them so well.  They're all tools, and we have nothing to do with the effort and execution of the building and designing of these tools.  

No worries, man.  Cakewalk has plenty of lovers.  She serves us well.  
2018/10/09 14:51:00
Starise
I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, although for awhile there we had a few haters  trying to pull people over to another daw. In part because of the whole Gibson affair people were looking at other options and using this forum to discuss that. I looked around some too, but I never  took my interest too far away from CbB because Platinum was stable and I had all of those 3rd party plugins in a daw that worked well, plus I think people gave up too soon. I would swear if one of those guys was at the drive in window at McDonalds waiting for his Big Mac, they would have left the line after 5 minutes....patience man No happy meal for you today. Some people are still acting a bit skittish, worried about this and that. My advice to them would be- Eat a Happy meal, use the durned FREE daw you have now and have  fun doing it. Am I right?  Ming isn't this cruel baron who's gets his kicks making us wait. Good things take time, fast is over with before you know it and usually isn't as much fun Whoa there, my mind is drifting....anyways what was I saying? Oh yeah, a lot has already happened in a short time. The bakers have been working their buns off we get regular updates and people over on KVR still complain. It's like repetitive ring of BS.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. My motive has more to do with  factual evidence or facts. When I see someone re writing the history of Cakewalk according to THEM which is always a paraphrase, or basing a whole product line off of a few bad experiences that in some  cases were user related, I tend to get a little riled because there are people who don't know any better and believe that bull pucky, tripe, whatever you care to call it. Granted who didn't have a program issue at all EVER in win 98 or Vista? You couldn't run anything on those for any length of time and not have a conflict. I just don't see exactly the same level of crap directed at PT or Cubase or any of the others. 
2018/10/09 14:58:20
kennywtelejazz

I care more about what I think people are thinking than what they actually do think

Kenny
2018/10/09 15:07:50
Starise
I never thought about it like that Kenny. This has me thinking about what I think you're thinking. I never thought I would think like that.
2018/10/09 15:08:33
Mesh
Hmmmm......something to think about.
2018/10/09 15:14:36
Starise
I think Kenny is thinking about a playing his guitar when he might really be thinking about an egg salad sandwich AND a guitar. Not a very reliable system. Wait, I'm rubbing my temples, something is conjuring here- I'll be right back.
2018/10/09 18:10:40
Jim Roseberry
Guess I don't have enough angst in my life.
I just signed up for another dose.  
2018/10/09 19:09:21
kennywtelejazz
Starise
I never thought about it like that Kenny. This has me thinking about what I think you're thinking. I never thought I would think like that.

Tim , I can clearly see you are grasping the basics

Starise
I think Kenny is thinking about a playing his guitar when he might really be thinking about an egg salad sandwich AND a guitar. Not a very reliable system. Wait, I'm rubbing my temples, something is conjuring here- I'll be right back.

Congrats you have just realized the futility of trying to read another persons mind 

Kenny
2018/10/09 19:12:25
kennywtelejazz

As far as online forum Knuckleheads go ,
Many people on forums may operate on a subconscious level whether they realize it or not
As they feel the need too express what ever it is that comes up to the surface in their mind or their emotions  .
They may often say something or defend a point of view w out any true thought of what they honestly believe to be true on a core level of their being  ...
To a person engaged in that type of superficial social interaction / communication ,  it is more important to be thought of as RIGHT ..

You See . I told you so

Kenny

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account