2015/01/24 20:11:46
kuipkema
Unless I'm missing something, this can't be done in Sonar. I really would like the option of having nested folders.
2015/01/25 15:08:33
Brando
+1 yes
2015/01/28 08:27:42
mdages
Most other DAW's with track folders can be organized into more than one level. Sonar only have one folder level. Time to change this.
So I would vote for nested track folders in Sonar. If you think also, press the magic stars to the right and maybe write a few words to keep this request at the top of the list.

regards
_Markus

2015/06/14 23:58:36
TomHelvey
It would be nice to be able to put folders inside of folders. Once I'm done with sound design and composition I'd like to be able to put all of my midi/soft synth folders into one folder to get them out of the way.
2015/06/15 00:18:28
scook
merged with previous request
2015/06/15 09:27:06
bapu
I've mentioned this before (for many years to be exact).

It was in my top three for X1, X2, X3 and Splat.

Yes, I to would really like nested folders.
2015/06/15 17:37:26
Aharvey
I can see this being handy for some but it was the main reason for me never using Reaper( the folder routing confusion made zero sense to me). From a sound design perspective I can see this being very handy so I will vote a yes for it.Personally for me and my workflow I hampers me.Now if the folder could act as a VCA I would vote yes 5 times.
2015/06/16 03:30:10
KPerry
Can anyone in favour of this suggest/mock up how this would look graphically? One of the (minor) annoyances I find with folders already is that widgets don't line up between tracks and parent folders, and I can only see nested folders exacerbating this.

Ditto folders acting as busses: they're (intentionally) not and would be potentially very confusing - where is a 'bus' being controlled from?
2015/06/16 03:31:26
KPerry
Can anyone in favour of this suggest/mock up how this would look graphically? One of the (minor) annoyances I find with folders already is that widgets don't line up between tracks and parent folders, and I can only see nested folders exacerbating this.

Ditto folders acting as busses: they're (intentionally) not and would be potentially very confusing - where is a 'bus' being controlled from?
2015/06/16 09:25:27
Brando
KPerry

I use Silktone's excellent Sidechain Mixer to achieve this. http://forum.cakewalk.com...to-a-Bus-m3164260.aspx
I simply take each of the tracks inside the folder and route them to a single track outside the folder. ACT sees that track's fader as a sub mix of the folder contents. I wouldn't worry about widgets etc out of whack, and would (personally) just drag the folder out of the way, once your "buss" is set up. Nested folders to me would just be a way to subgroup logical subsets within a single folder (drum sub, o'heads, percussion, room, for eg)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account