• Software
  • Kontakt 6 Free is available, Anyone upgraded to K6 Full?
2018/10/02 01:18:02
musichoo
Kontakt 6 Free is available now at Native Access. Native Access  is also having an update of it's own.
Had anyone updated to Komplete 12? Any verdict for Kontakt 6 full version?

2018/10/02 01:26:37
Fleer
Thanks musichoo. Anxious to try it out.
2018/10/02 13:17:00
Michael A.D.
I intend to get it this weekend as part of a K12 upgrade, but reports I've read say the new Kontakt 6 is not that different from previous versions.   The database has been removed as NI expects you to use Komplete Kontrol.  Can't say I've heard that much else has changed.
2018/10/02 14:33:38
JonD
Michael A.D.
.... reports I've read say the new Kontakt 6 is not that different from previous versions.   The database has been removed as NI expects you to use Komplete Kontrol. 

Huh?  What about those of us who just have Kontakt (the program), and not Komplete?

When did Komplete Kontrol become a requirement?  Or are you talking about Native Access?
2018/10/02 18:33:02
msorrels
The 6 player doesn't have a database tab.  Not sure what that means but it's not there.  Was it there in the K5 Player (I've always had the full version so I'm not sure).

I installed it, ran a few tests.  Doesn't seem better/different than my full V5 at anything.  CPU looked the same, nothing was faster or smoother or better.

In fact you might have a hard time even telling you were using 6 instead of 5.  The differences are that minor.

But 6 doesn't replace 5.  It won't upgrade your old projects (player or full) it's a whole new plugin/etc.  So you'll have to keep 5 installed/etc.

I think given Kontakt 6 was the main reason to buy the upgrade to Komplete 12 for me, based on what I see here I'll wait.  In 9 months they will have the summer sale and the upgrade will be half priced.  Until then any K6 required libraries I can use in the K6 Player.
2018/10/02 20:53:30
Michael A.D.
JonD
Michael A.D.
.... reports I've read say the new Kontakt 6 is not that different from previous versions.   The database has been removed as NI expects you to use Komplete Kontrol. 

Huh?  What about those of us who just have Kontakt (the program), and not Komplete?

When did Komplete Kontrol become a requirement?  Or are you talking about Native Access?

Your LIBRARY and FILES are still seen in Kontakt.  The Kontakt database was a way for you to tag files with keywords - I never needed to use the database in Kontakt and most folks probably didn't use it.
They recently came out with Komplete Kontrol which is primarily aimed at their hardware controllers so they can find/view files.  You can also run it on your desktop/laptop as a file finder/previewer but I never bothered with it either.

2018/10/02 21:05:58
Magic Russ
JonD
Michael A.D.

Komplete Kontrol is free software which is somewhat like the old Kore.  If you have their keyboards, it helps you use control features on that.  If not, it is a pretty neat library/plugin hosting system which will allow you to access any NKS compatible plugins, which don't necessarily need to be NI plugins..  For example, if you are auditioning electric piano sounds, you could switch from the Scarbee pianos to Lounge Lizard without having to load or unload plugins.  It really is fairly useful.
2018/10/02 21:15:47
Jesse G
Thanks, Just performed the free update to Kontakt 6 Player for Essentials 11.

2018/10/04 20:53:40
Sidroe
Any new instruments in the free library?
2018/10/04 22:27:10
bitflipper
Some sampled synthesizers. I gave them a listen and decided they weren't anything I'd ever use.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account