2018/10/05 15:12:34
Zo
Hi my dear collegues , i created this thread for us (not only Ol PAL ) to have a place to talk specifically Fabfilter plugins  so people can come here to ask , share , have fun ... 

Feel free to ask also for reviews and videos , if it can be done it will by anybody including of course me .

Cheers !
2018/10/05 21:20:40
bitflipper
FabFilter FAQ...

Q: Are they really that good?
A: Yes

Q: They're kinda pricey. Why is that?
A: See previous.

2018/10/06 00:36:16
Fleer
They’re soooooooooo good. I wanted to dislike them, but couldn’t one bit. They’re the absolute best original plugins. Period.
2018/10/06 04:40:06
Zo
So why don t we ( or should i say "i") don t use em more ?
2018/10/06 12:16:18
Fleer
‘Cause we’re idiots ;)
2018/10/07 00:01:25
bitflipper
Fabfilter stuff gets a lot of use here. Pro-Q2 remains my go-to when dynamic equalization isn't called for. Pro-C2 remains my go-to for gentle compression, de-essing or sidechaining. Pro-L remains my go-to on individual tracks and drum busses. Saturn is the first call plugin for subtle distortion. Pro-G is the only gate I use. 

Two FF plugins that don't get as much love here are Pro-MB and Timeless2. Not because they aren't great, but because I have alternatives that are quicker and easier to use.

To answer your question, Zo, my guess is that a flashy new toy comes along every week to vie for our attention, while FF processors are plain-jane and not very sexy workhorses. 
2018/10/07 00:29:10
Fleer
Got to disagree on that, bit.
Just looking at FabFilter Pro-R makes me happy.
2018/10/07 02:24:31
Zo
Lol

In fact pro mb was the most interesting due to per band sidechain witch is great , the problem is that for exemple pro r is exellent but i can have better with less cpu hungry stuff , pro q is used really when i need to go chirurgical , give me a ssl channel strip and i can handle 80 % of my needs , pro c is also exellent but again i use that when i went go technical or creative , in fact their plugins are exellent for post prod , even more final stage , when i need to go instictive , thos will not be there , but problem solver : instant call ...

Saturn is on its own a playground , and usually i keep going too far lol ...just because i can lol
2018/10/07 03:17:31
Kamikaze
Twin I don't use enough.

ProR looks stunning as Fleer says, And so asy to get results from in fabfilters way.

I think Saturn looks and sounds really cool, but has competition in my DAW from KiloHearts Multi. Want Multi band distortion, KH Muliti, you want to mono that low band, throw in multiband transient designer, compress a band, KioHearts Muliti.
Swiss Army Tool-shed
2018/10/07 14:57:46
bitflipper
Fleer
Got to disagree on that, bit.
Just looking at FabFilter Pro-R makes me happy.

That's because Pro-R is still new and shiny.

A year from now, there will be some new reverb with a fancy visualization showing dancing pixels that represent each ray-trace, color-coded and fully automatable. We'll all want it, and probably grab it a year after that, when it goes on a 90%-off sale during Black Friday.

But along the way, it'll still be our plain-jane go-to reverbs that we choose in a pinch, whether that ends up being Pro-R or an old reliable like ValhallaRoom.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account