2016/07/03 20:50:29
DaveG74
[8/30 EDIT: In the Hammond B-3 Expansion Pack, the SFZ doesn't install, but its WAV's do.]

I'm trying to utilize my newly-installed Digital Sound Factory instruments in Sonar x3 (via Cakewalk Sound Center), but several instruments are reported missing.

For example, trying to load Keyboards-Organs-Rock Organ, I get this:

IDS_MULTISAMPLE_NOT_FOUND: org-AllOutFast M.sfz

I had this problem on a previous installation about a year or two back, but I forgot how to resolve it. A Forum member informed me that the DSF instrument packs may not have been installed in the folder consistent with the core bundle of instruments; they might have been installed into an AppData/ProgramData folder (or something of that nature), and they need to simply be moved into Cakewalk's assigned folder.

I do not remember the details of the resolution. But I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me locate the rogue DSF packs folder. Thanks in advance!
2016/07/04 01:30:09
robert_e_bone
I think you might have to get it to rebuild it's internal Database (I guess it is Refresh) - If memory serves, you would launch it, then open up the Browser, then hit F5 and it would refresh/rebuild stuff.

Might be worth a shot, if you haven't tried that yet.

Bob Bone

2016/07/04 16:14:39
DaveG74
Thanks for the suggestion, Robert. Fortunately, I can consider this topic closed.

Rather than what I suspected, all SoundCenter instruments are functional. It's just one instrument that yields the error. I sent a technical support request to Cakewalk Support, as so will I to Digital Sound Factory.

:)
2016/07/10 13:27:47
DaveG74
Upon contacting DSF's support regarding the error window, they sent me a link to the missing file, which I hoped would fix the problem.

They sent me org-AllOutFast M.sfz, which they instructed to place in
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\

Cakewalk Sound Center\Modules\Multisamples\Rapture

However, even after placing the file in that folder, I still get the error that this file is missing. At the time I initially contacted DSF, I contacted Cakewalk Support also, which hasn't responded yet.

I was wondering, can anyone clue me in on why I'm getting an error for this one instrument? Anyone who has this Pack, would you please confirm where the above file is supposed to be so I can get it working again?

Thanks in advance.
2016/07/10 18:39:16
EddieLotter
I suspect it's not "org-AllOutFast M.sfz" that is missing, but one or more of the samples that it references.

Open that file in a text editor, look at each "sample=" statement and make sure that the files referenced do indeed exist.

Cheers
Eddie
2016/07/10 20:49:33
DaveG74
As you suggested, I opened the SFZ file in Notepad. The "Control" parameter referenced the folder "DSF Classic B-3 Samples", and within the "region sample" lines were a few dozen WAV files, all beginning with AllOut. That B-3 Samples folder is indeed there, along with the WAV files therein, all under Rapture\SoundCenter Classic B-3.

As stated, the DSF rep said to place my org-AllOut Fast M.SFZ here:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Cakewalk Sound Center\Modules\Multisamples\Rapture
(Was he mistaken?) On a whim, I copied the SFZ one folder deep...here:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Cakewalk Sound Center\Modules\Multisamples\Rapture\Sound Center Classic B-3
...where very similar files are housed. The error in Sonar still comes up.

So considering the folder structure is correct with all files intact, I'm wondering why this error appears.
(This is the ONLY instrument in my Sound Center library that triggers the error.)
2016/08/22 22:16:10
DaveG74
I'm giving this topic a slight bump as I find the issue frustrating but awkwardly intriguing. I'm having an issue with one instrument from my Digital Sound Factory Hammond B-3 Expansion Pack. To reiterate the problem:

In Cakewalk Sound Center, every instrument from the Hammond B-3 Pack plays fine. Except, when I sample Rock Organ, I get this error:

IDS_MULTISAMPLE_NOT_FOUND
org-AllOutFast M.sfz

Although the Hammond B-3 Pack was installed numerous times, that SFZ file is missing (and the WAV's are in place).
I followed up with a DSF rep, and he sent me a new Hammond B-03 Expansion Pack (27.3MB). But after a fresh re-installation, I still encountered the above error message. Here is more detail on my file locations:

SFZ file (missing):
Program Files (x86)/Cakewalk/Vstplugins/Cakewalk Sound Center/Modules/Multisamples/Rapture/Sound Center Classic B-3
WAV files (all present):
[above path].../DSF Classic B-3 Samples

Can anyone on the Forums provide further assistance on their part? Why would I be getting this error message with this one instrument? This is frustrating and I'm curious to find the solution.

Thanks in advance! :)
2016/08/30 21:13:18
DaveG74
I seem to have made a minor discovery pertaining to this issue. For the Hammond B-3 expansion pack, the Rock Organ's SFZ files does NOT install from the pack...but the WAV files do.

The DSF rep sent me the SFZ and I had to install it manually. Then I stopped getting the "NOT FOUND" error message.

To reiterate, only ONE SFZ in the Pack doesn't install. Has anyone had this issue before? The rep and I are investigating whether there's an installer issue.
2016/09/10 12:48:49
robert_e_bone
Hey - NICE CATCH.

Bob Bone

2016/09/18 16:48:04
r_baeyens
Yes, it's true...
The "Rock Organ" patch doesn't load.
Never tried it before, it's the only one from the pack that doesn't load!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account