2016/09/19 22:33:37
DaveG74
r_baeyens
Yes, it's true...
The "Rock Organ" patch doesn't load.
Never tried it before, it's the only one from the pack that doesn't load!

Robert and R_Baeyens: Thank you for your addition to this thread! Baeyens, considering you've observed the issue in question, this influences me to push harder toward a possible solution.

Two weeks ago, I consulted a DSF rep and we began investigating this issue. I identified that when installing the Hammond B3 Expansion Pack, the org-AllOutFast M.sfz file does not install with the Pack, but the corresponding WAV's do. The rep sent me the org-AllOutFast M.sfz file, which I had to drag into the folder manually. Then the Rock Organ sampled fine without the MULTISAMPLE_NOT_FOUND error. (This is the only instrument in my 19-pack DSF bundle that does this.)

I believe that my DSF Hammond B3 Pack is corrupt, as it does not install (or contain?) that one SFZ file for Rock Organ.

The DSF rep has since gone silent and I haven't heard back from Cakewalk tech support regarding the issue. If anyone on this forum is familiar with this issue, please contribute. I know it's more a nuisance than a crisis, but I think it's worth the effort to get a working Pack.

I would like to push/escalate this issue for evaluation by a senior representative at either Digital Sound Factory or Cakewalk. I would appreciate help in seeking a solution. Thank you very much in advance! :)
2016/09/23 00:20:10
DaveG74
I hate to be a bother, but I'd like to give this topic a slight bump...it fell too quickly in such a short time after I posted.

This missing SFZ issue is really important to me, which is why I hope there's someone else who can chime in. As stated, my resources are falling flat, as DSF and Cakewalk have not responded. I believe this problem could be solved with a little more effort and assistance to those available.

I would like to ultimately find out why the SFZ does not get installed from the Hammond B3 installer... (shrug + sigh)
2016/09/23 10:55:32
EddieLotter
I'm sorry, I don't own the product, so I can't test the installation for you.

Have you tried (temporarily) installing it on a different computer to see if it behaved the same way?

Cheers
Eddie
2016/09/23 12:03:54
BobF
I feel for you.  I have a Fishman TriplePlay that will crash any DAW I open the plug's GUI in when I exit or close the project.  Except Studio One.  Sonar and Reaper both hate it.  I've done everything.  Fishman won't even respond to me any more.  I've searched the web high and low and I am the only person on the planet that has this particular problem.

Thankfully I can still use it as a generic MIDI controller by having the hardware profile I want to use loaded outside of my DAW software.

Every fews months after I run Windows Updates I try again to see if something got fixed.  Hasn't happened yet
2016/10/16 23:43:48
robert_e_bone
That IS a bummer - I happen to have Kontakt, and usually use on of the ones from the zillion Kontakt libraries I have.  There is a super sweet one called Je T'Aime that I really like.

I hope someone at either end gets back to you with a solution soon, 

Bob Bone

2017/01/25 18:34:35
DaveG74
I hate to bump this topic again, but I'm hoping somebody here could assist. I haven't heard back from the Digital Sound Factory representative regarding the missing SFZ file for the Rock Organ (Hammond B-3 Expansion Pack).

In recent months, I have misplaced and lost the SFZ file in question: org-AllOutFast M.sfz

Might someone who has this expansion pack (or the SFZ) be so kind as to instruct me where I could obtain this SFZ file? (I already contacted the rep in hopes that he will respond.)

Thank you in advance! :)
2017/01/30 18:12:07
rrforsythe
I find it odd that you lost the "org-AllOutFast M.sfz" file they sent you. If it was via email, you should be able to get it again from that same email. If it was a download, they still had to give you a <url>, so you could use that. When you received the file you stored it someplace. Then you "manually" installed it by doing a copy, so it is in at least 2 places on your PC. Did you search for "*.sfz" in Windows Explorer?

Anyway.
Did you try disabling your AV program while doing an install, just in case it gets triggered to delete the file?
If that doesn't help, then try installing to a DIFFERENT folder (one that is not protected by the system).
If the file is still missing, then I fail to understand why you can't get a replacement installer from DSF.
2017/01/30 18:14:44
DaveG74
Never mind. File recovered.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account