• Computers
  • Do you Use Your PC for more than just Recording (p.3)
2017/09/09 05:14:36
mettelus
I use mine for everything as well. No BT or Wi-Fi, but it is hard-wired to a router 24/7. The only thing that requires disabling is the "auto detect" functionality of a router - that is unnecessary and sends out a ping every 4 seconds that will give a latency spike. Easiest method is to unplug from the internet when working as a DAW, but you can also disable all applications with "auto-updates" to get most of the rest if so inclined.
2017/09/09 14:08:08
Glyn Barnes
I also use it for Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop since Adobe stopped supporting Vista, I use my old Vista PC for most other things but will probably have to replace it soon. Will probably get a laptop + docking station. When that happens that will probably become the photo editing PC, leaving the DAW for music.
2017/09/10 12:35:28
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I use a dedicated PC for studio applications only. No internet connection. No other work done on it. In the update madness these days it's hard to keep surprises out of your business anyway (so this DAW is usually at least an update behind and has monthly disk images and images done before major updates).

Then I got an almost as strong backup system which I could hook up within minutes. It's also the system where I apply Sonar updates first to see if it makes a difference to apply it to the main system (of course disk images also available here).

Live playback and show control is yet another machine (plus a backup) as it requires other apps working alongside Sonar.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account