• SONAR
  • Midi stoppped working abruptly
2018/12/05 01:54:01
methodman3000
Recently my midi went out on me.  So I assumed it was a cable -interface, so I ordered another interface.   Then I plugged into the same usb port that prior midi cable was inserted in.  It failed to work, then I stuck it in a different usb port again nothing.  The audio part is fine, I can stream music no problem, but my midi connection has disappeared any ideas?
2018/12/05 18:09:00
brundlefly
Do other devices (e.g. flash drives) work in those ports? Is the interface powered on when you boot or is it USB-powered? Do you see MIDI devices in Preferences > MIDI > Devices, and are they checked?
2018/12/05 20:13:25
Cactus Music
methodman3000
Recently my midi went out on me.  So I assumed it was a cable -interface, so I ordered another interface.   Then I plugged into the same usb port that prior midi cable was inserted in.  It failed to work, then I stuck it in a different usb port again nothing.  The audio part is fine, I can stream music no problem, but my midi connection has disappeared any ideas?

That throws me off. Did you mean to say the PRIOR USB CABLE? There's a substantial difference between a MIDI and a USB cable.  

It would be helpful to know exactly what the interface old and new were. Your information is sparce. The more details the better the answers.

Did you check in Preferences/Midi /Device to make sure your device is selected?
2018/12/07 00:13:10
Jesse Jost
Any chance this coincided with a Windows update or introduction of any new drivers to your system? Curious, which MIDI interfaces (brand/model) are failing? 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account