2015/01/20 18:19:47
puffer
I'll save my venting, but for the love of all that is good, please UPDATE the TEMPO VIEW.

This bit of code has been untouched since at least Sonar 2 back in the early 00s. It is cumbersome, imprecise and looks terrible.
2015/01/20 18:21:57
scook
It might be useful to flesh out this request a little more. What Cakewalk considers an update may completely miss the mark for you.
2015/01/21 07:35:39
subtlearts
Well the tools for drawing tempo changes are pretty cumbersome and if you're trying to do a complex tempo change, say to sync to picture, it can drive you nuts. So I'd be in favour of an overhaul at some point...

2015/01/21 07:52:04
Kamikaze

To VOTE, click on the 5 stars on the first post.
2015/01/21 08:33:41
dcumpian
The Tempo View works, but it is not intuitive, at all. I'd like to see it function like any other automation lane: 1) click to add a node, 2) drag a node, 3) drag multiple nodes.

Regards,
Dan

2015/01/21 10:12:05
puffer
More specific? In short, as the others have said, nodes and splines.

but here's what I wrote over a year ago on the release of X3.

Specifically, I'm talking about editing tempo maps, where the tempo ramps up and down, sometimes in very short amounts of time - something that applies to scoring, to orchestration, to commercial music cues - i.e. not some obscure feature. It's also a great effect in abstract electronic, pop, rock. Rather than just jumping to a new tempo there is a curve or slope. The instrumentation plays along with this slope.

The current state of the tempo draw tool is woefully unwieldy for doing this with any degree of precision. Not even any "smart tool" curves and lines, just a pen and a really hard-to-read, spreadsheet-like table. 

Try this. Take a project that is MIDI data, open the "Tempo View" window, and draw a bunch of tempo changes. Have them slope 1 or 2 bars, or even 4 or 5. More or less simple. Now go in change those tempos to be a bit little faster and slower, by 1 or 2 or 3 or 10 BPM. Or change the length of the slope leading up to a new tempo change but landing on a precise beat. I'm not saying it can't be done; I've been working around this for 10 years. I just wish Cakewalk would truly bring all aspects of their program up to date, rather than just throwing more VSTs at us.

2015/01/21 13:05:52
stevec
I think there may already be a feature request for this type of functionality somewhere in this forum, but I'll vote again.  

As mentioned above, a "Tempo Track" with an automation envelope would be ideal IMO, of course with the ability to use the current snap settings.

2015/01/21 13:48:45
Beepster
I'd personally like the Tempo View (and any other views that have been overlooked) to have the Drag Zooming feature of the main Timeline/ PRV Timelines.

And yes... whenever I enter Tempo View I feel like I am stepping out of the cockpit of a helicopter into the drivers seat of Pinto so I'll upvote this even though I personally don't have nay of my usual elaborate update schemes for this. I just think it could be better and more useful.

Maybe somehow make it so that individual track and clips can be chosen and viewed as simple lines that can be time stretched right inside the TV and get the often requested Varispeed stuff linked in there as well.

2015/01/22 22:53:01
blindner
Yes, an updated tempo track, please!!
1) Tempo Track should be an automation lane "in line" with audio and midi tracks, not in a separate window.
2) Dedicated first lane in the track listing.
3) With nodes and lines, like other automation lanes
4) For examples: see ProTools "Conductor" track and Props Reason "Transport" track.  I'd be happy if they just copied these....way overdue.
2015/01/23 09:24:00
kuipkema
This would be nice indeed +1
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account