• SONAR
  • VS700 Support Request (p.5)
2018/03/30 15:06:24
Jean-Philippe ROGER
poetnprophet
Most importantly to update and fix the integration, please match the channel strip control section with the prochannel EQ.  It used to match perfectly in X1 right out of the box, now it is really screwed up with Sonar Platinum.  

Dave

Hi Dave,
You can match the VS-700's prochannel EQ with Sonar Platinum by modifying the "genericpluginparams.xml" file in the "C:\Users\windows account name\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\ACT Data" directory.
It's not easy but it works
2018/03/30 21:13:50
jayson
Very impressed that you are even considering it! I think the biggest issue is the lack of signed Windows 10 drivers for the VS700. If just that could be resolved with Roland, it would be awesome!

Cheers,

jayson 
2018/03/30 22:06:59
Westside Steve Simmons
I had it operating in Windows 10 until the anniversary update and then everything went haywire. Never could get it back. I switched to an audient id14, focusrite Isa one and a Behringer xtouch.
WSS
2018/03/30 23:52:16
Mully
Yep the 700 gear is great but the 'demise' of Cake meant mine got sold and doing so has actually been ok because playing with new softwares showed me how behind Cake was in a few areas...controllers was one of them. The revival of Sonar however is freaking GREAT news....!
The XTouch does the job very well with a much smaller footprint and the Focusrite IO is actually brilliant in comparison to the 700R.
Again the 700 gear is excellent but it was certainly left behind post 8.5 IMHO.
Good news from Meng for sure however time will show what fruit will grow. A fresh hardware option may be the best option as the 700 gear already worked under W10...it was the X series of Sonar integration that lacked. Hope they can create the magic again for those still using it.
Cheers all!
2018/03/31 01:11:46
thornton
Well I hope the Vs100 studio will continue to work it working great.
2018/04/02 21:20:47
rbakker
Hi Meng! That would be great. Until now I was using the V-Studio 700 system under Win7 but decided to upgrade to win10 today because of to many crashes. Wiling to pay my share for it! 
2018/04/02 22:47:19
Westside Steve Simmons
rbakker
Hi Meng! That would be great. Until now I was using the V-Studio 700 system under Win7 but decided to upgrade to win10 today because of to many crashes. Wiling to pay my share for it! 

I think it's up to Roland to be good enough to write drivers for the hardware which they have been refusing to do. No idea why, maybe just spite.

WSS
2018/04/03 05:41:03
Anderton
Westside Steve Simmons
rbakker

I think it's up to Roland to be good enough to write drivers for the hardware which they have been refusing to do. No idea why, maybe just spite.

WSS

Maybe it's like paying the bills for your ex 
2018/04/04 06:18:57
HeatherHaze
Another (former) VS-700 user here.  I've been in computer hell for the past month, trying new combinations of hardware and software.  The bottom line is nothing I've tried has compared to using Sonar with the VS-700 system.  I now have a Slate Raven MTi2, which is fantastic, but I still miss the VS-700 console.  The rack unit is still the best audio interface for my needs, but now it's sitting there in the dark because I haven't been able to get it running under Windows 10.  I've tried another interface but it's been nothing but trouble.  And I really miss the Fantom VS.  The whole experience has been rather depressing. 

I am incredibly excited to hear BandLab express interest in bringing this fantastic system back from the dead, along with Sonar.  I realize there are no promises, but it's nice to kindle a tiny glimmer of hope.  Please do keep us posted.  This would be a fantastic boon to many of Cakewalk's most loyal, invested users.   Thank you so much!
2018/04/04 07:09:23
TerraSin
I still have and use my VS700c. It's not as reliable as it used to be because of a lot of the controls no longer working in Sonar for some reason or another. I'd love to see new life brought back to this unit because I have yet to find another console that is as well laid out or designed as this. Ronald really screwed the pooch when they decided to put the VS system on the back burner then discontinue it because it's a real gem.

Thanks heaps, Meng.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account