• SONAR
  • My experience with going from Sonar Platinum to Cakewalk by Bandlab was... (p.3)
2018/12/04 12:17:34
Steev
 I couldn't agree with Losguy more.. When Gibson threw SONAR under the buss by checking out and canceling future support last year, I knew it was only a matter of time before it going to eventually die with continued OS updating and innovations.
 I of course fully intended to keep using SONAR until the last computer I had that would support it died of old age,
Studio ONE was my first logical choice to migrate towards based on hands on experience collaborating with SO users I've personally experienced.
 I've experienced quite a few different DAWs thru collaborations, and SO was always the most stable, it was also the only DAW that was so innovative where I thought; "Dammy, I wish the Bakers of SONAR though of that!"
 All the things that could be done like rearranging song composition by selecting and moving verses, bridges, chorus sections around are time consuming, and  a tad complicated with slicing and dicing with SONAR, where a simple task with SO's tab editing feature made it as simple as clicking and dragging on the tab with a mouse is a thing of envy for a diehard Cake Head like me.
 And the new Studio One 4 with the new Presonus QUANTUM interfaces gets second place for my 2018 "Cup of Drool Award".

Second only to Bandlab and Meng's insight and generosity for pulling Cakewalk out from under the buss of doom, IMPROVE it and continuing support, alone with services provided by Bandlab.com makes CbB the clear and distant first place winner here. 
 DO NOT overlook how Bandlab.com makes it so ultimately fast and easy to share projects and collaborate with others, no matter what kind or DAW, plugins, or lack there of they are using.

Look at Bandlab.com as the closest thing to a perfect cross platform experience for collaboration without having to go through the learning curve pains of learning how to make Reason projects work with CbB, or easily integrate and merge Ableton Live projects with Pro Tools combined with select audio mixed with MIDI loops, easily into any DAW you are intimately familiar with..
 All of this is simple child's play with Bandlab's "Mix Editor", and Publishing is so easy a monkey could do it..

Don't let the blind eyes of skepticism lead you down the narrow path fear and indecision.
 That's a direct path to becoming your own worse enemy.
 Very destructive, very silly path, considering Cakewalk and Bandlab are FREE!
 Not free to try before you buy, they are totally FREE to use with no strings attached, ungoverned artistic license, untethered to record contracts, no restrictions, no one telling you what you can or can't do, just absolute FREEDOM to use to the fullest extent of your skills and knowledge, or absolutely FREE to uninstall, cancel, delete, and walk away anytime you want without any hidden fees or penalties. Free to openly share multi track projects and collaborate, start up bands with anyone in the world from anywhere in the world, or free to just allow listeners to stream and listen to your music. Free to except constructive criticism, free to delete any comments you find misleading or offensive, free to link your Bandlab page to any other social media websites and vis versa, free to activate your tip jar and create another or first revenue stream, and if that's not a great way to promote and help support your efforts I don't know what is...

Just as free as you are to turn a blind eye to it all and receive an absolutely free "no money back guarantee"  to forever remain a starving artist, simply because you are used to supporting your beliefs in doing "nothing at all" based on your firm and utterly self righteous ridiculously narrow minded beliefs of "everybody is out to get from you". 
 Well I think that's good, not good for you, but great for me, because if you are that self righteous and narrow minded to actually believe that then I seriously doubt I would like to hear too much more about just because you can put it to music you hide away in some sort of closet so nobody can steal it from you.

The slogan "If it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't." does indeed merit careful, balanced, and thoughtful consideration. It's a slogan, not a rule or a law carved in stone.
 And those who can't or refuse to understand that will forever spin themselves around the wheels of indecision until they become complete losers.

And so after a year of careful, balanced, and thoughtful considerations not only witnessing, but actually participating and experiencing the positive growth and forward thinking progress of CbB and Bandlab.com, I have survived it a much happier and grateful artist without having my mojo sucked out of me, or anyone stealing da riddums from my secret sauces, or claiming ownership over my ideas or anything I would consider my own personal intellectual properties..

And so I would like to give much thanks and appreciation to Meng and the Bandlab crew for all the support for making my life so much less DAW trouble free, and so much more ease and FUN sharing and publishing music.

2018/12/04 21:35:48
michael diemer
For me, it was going from Sonar 8.5 Studio to CbB. I had gone over to Reaper for awhile and was making do there, but it's not the best DAW for a classical composer, even with their new Staff View, which is very good. When I heard that Sonar was going the way of the Dinodaws, if you'll pardon the pun, I panicked, because I had not upgraded from 8.5. I was using Producer, but it had some weird bugs, like certain East West instruments causing it to crash. So I decided to go back to 8.5 Studio, and that worked perfectly. Although I demoed Cubase and Samplitude, they were not to my liking, so I figured that Sonar 8.5 Studio would be my DAW from here to Eternity, on Windows 7. I was resigned to this fate until the news broke that Meng and his crew had recued Sonar. I was going to pay whatever they asked, and could not believe it when they decided to just give it away. It was like unconditional forgiveness. Even though I never paid for Platinum, my sins were forgiven. Like many, I keep waiting for a reason to doubt the good faith of this operation, but so far it hasn't happened. I have not reached the point of trusting Bandlab enough to post my music there, but will continue to evaluate the situation. I just need to know that there truly is respect for intellectual property.
2018/12/05 15:21:10
sven450
losguy

My experience with going from Sonar Platinum to Cakewalk by Bandlab was...

...seamless.

Me too.  Could not be happier

2018/12/05 20:11:38
Pietrzakdale
My experience was fine.  I was expecting issues, there have been none so far.  Wonderful!
2018/12/05 23:57:37
John
Steev
 I couldn't agree with Losguy more.. When Gibson threw SONAR under the buss by checking out and canceling future support last year, I knew it was only a matter of time before it going to eventually die with continued OS updating and innovations.
 I of course fully intended to keep using SONAR until the last computer I had that would support it died of old age,
Studio ONE was my first logical choice to migrate towards based on hands on experience collaborating with SO users I've personally experienced.
 I've experienced quite a few different DAWs thru collaborations, and SO was always the most stable, it was also the only DAW that was so innovative where I thought; "Dammy, I wish the Bakers of SONAR though of that!"
 All the things that could be done like rearranging song composition by selecting and moving verses, bridges, chorus sections around are time consuming, and  a tad complicated with slicing and dicing with SONAR, where a simple task with SO's tab editing feature made it as simple as clicking and dragging on the tab with a mouse is a thing of envy for a diehard Cake Head like me.
 And the new Studio One 4 with the new Presonus QUANTUM interfaces gets second place for my 2018 "Cup of Drool Award".

Second only to Bandlab and Meng's insight and generosity for pulling Cakewalk out from under the buss of doom, IMPROVE it and continuing support, alone with services provided by Bandlab.com makes CbB the clear and distant first place winner here. 
 DO NOT overlook how Bandlab.com makes it so ultimately fast and easy to share projects and collaborate with others, no matter what kind or DAW, plugins, or lack there of they are using.

Look at Bandlab.com as the closest thing to a perfect cross platform experience for collaboration without having to go through the learning curve pains of learning how to make Reason projects work with CbB, or easily integrate and merge Ableton Live projects with Pro Tools combined with select audio mixed with MIDI loops, easily into any DAW you are intimately familiar with..
 All of this is simple child's play with Bandlab's "Mix Editor", and Publishing is so easy a monkey could do it..

Don't let the blind eyes of skepticism lead you down the narrow path fear and indecision.
 That's a direct path to becoming your own worse enemy.
 Very destructive, very silly path, considering Cakewalk and Bandlab are FREE!
 Not free to try before you buy, they are totally FREE to use with no strings attached, ungoverned artistic license, untethered to record contracts, no restrictions, no one telling you what you can or can't do, just absolute FREEDOM to use to the fullest extent of your skills and knowledge, or absolutely FREE to uninstall, cancel, delete, and walk away anytime you want without any hidden fees or penalties. Free to openly share multi track projects and collaborate, start up bands with anyone in the world from anywhere in the world, or free to just allow listeners to stream and listen to your music. Free to except constructive criticism, free to delete any comments you find misleading or offensive, free to link your Bandlab page to any other social media websites and vis versa, free to activate your tip jar and create another or first revenue stream, and if that's not a great way to promote and help support your efforts I don't know what is...

Just as free as you are to turn a blind eye to it all and receive an absolutely free "no money back guarantee"  to forever remain a starving artist, simply because you are used to supporting your beliefs in doing "nothing at all" based on your firm and utterly self righteous ridiculously narrow minded beliefs of "everybody is out to get from you". 
 Well I think that's good, not good for you, but great for me, because if you are that self righteous and narrow minded to actually believe that then I seriously doubt I would like to hear too much more about just because you can put it to music you hide away in some sort of closet so nobody can steal it from you.

The slogan "If it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't." does indeed merit careful, balanced, and thoughtful consideration. It's a slogan, not a rule or a law carved in stone.
 And those who can't or refuse to understand that will forever spin themselves around the wheels of indecision until they become complete losers.

And so after a year of careful, balanced, and thoughtful considerations not only witnessing, but actually participating and experiencing the positive growth and forward thinking progress of CbB and Bandlab.com, I have survived it a much happier and grateful artist without having my mojo sucked out of me, or anyone stealing da riddums from my secret sauces, or claiming ownership over my ideas or anything I would consider my own personal intellectual properties..

And so I would like to give much thanks and appreciation to Meng and the Bandlab crew for all the support for making my life so much less DAW trouble free, and so much more ease and FUN sharing and publishing music.

I found the above to be an excellent post. I thank you for sharing. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account