• SONAR
  • Does Anyone Use Cakwalk For Voice Over Recording? (p.2)
2018/12/04 21:31:07
Anderton
ampfixer
I suppose some of the more in-depth features like lenses could work quite well but I've not tried it to create a custom workspace.

Hmmmm...I think you're on to something there.
2018/12/05 02:12:33
Jimbo 88
Anderton
IThe key to me for speed is keyboard shortcuts. Just analyze everything you do during the editing process, and create a keyboard shortcut.

+1...before ripple editing I had my keyboard shortcuts pretty much cover that issue, but the ripple is better. I just wish there was a warning sign or something to let me know its on.
2018/12/05 10:07:51
burgerproduction
Anderton
I do have a workflow, but trying to describe it in words in a forum post would be difficult at best. Also it involves having a script...all my VO stuff is scripted.

I second that. The company I worked for recorded and edited thousands of hours of audio narration. Everything was scripted which meant that the engineers could mark the script with cut & edit points during the narration, saving loads of time in the studio.
I'm guessing that many YouTubers don't use scripts (though I'm happy to be corrected), just edit on the fly.
I depends on how you intend to work.

I also second Jimbo. Many studios use Pro Tools so that sessions can be shared between studios. Ours had Pro Tools on Mac. I never really liked it myself, hence I'm here. There are pros and cons to all systems, but I cannot really see a major advantage to Reaper over the New FREE DAW by Cakewalk/BandLab.
2018/12/06 18:00:48
Sidroe
I have used nothing but Sonar and then Platinum for many years for television and radio commercials. It sure makes things simple when you are writing custom jingles and the voice over and foley sound fx all in the same DAW project. I have not run in to any situation that Cakewalk has let me down, so far!
2018/12/06 18:04:44
dubdisciple
I used to use cakewalk all the time for television commercial voiceover work. It worked as well as anything else I have ever used
2018/12/06 21:47:26
optimus
Thank you to all. Your remarks have given me great confidence.
Cheers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account