2007/08/17 23:43:50
space_cowboy
Thanks
THe files ought to be where they started from since I did an undo when the samples did not load.

However, it might be worth noting that when I first ran the tweak program that there was nothing in the original directory file.
2007/08/18 00:51:45
syntheticpop
try moving to China.
2007/08/18 11:06:26
techead

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy
However, it might be worth noting that when I first ran the tweak program that there was nothing in the original directory file.

Doesn't matter, really. tweakDimension only modifies the two registry entries that Dimension Pro reads when it starts up. It doesn't really care what files are where on the file systems nor does it look at them. It is merely a "simplified" registry editor that specifically modifies the two Dimension Pro registry entries. That's all it does in order to save having to run Windows regedit.exe by hand, drill down to the keys, and manually modify their values.
2007/08/22 09:14:20
space_cowboy
Hey Techead - thanks for your help! Everything now hunky dory
2007/08/22 12:45:30
techead
Did you have to reinstall or were you able to fix it?
2007/08/22 14:38:57
space_cowboy
I had to do a reinstall. I tried the reg tweak thing and could never get Dim to find the sample files again. I am pretty uncomfortable about doing registry edits myself. I wreckd a pc that way once.

None the less, I do appreciate your help.
2007/08/22 17:25:49
techead
Glad it worked out. Now back to making music!
2015/01/18 17:44:07
mawsonar
Moving Dimension Pro Samples to a Different Drive or Partition
(Windows 7 Pro & Sonar Platinum & Dimension Pro 1.5)
When I installed Sonar using the new Command Center all the sample files were copied to default folders in my C: drive. Unlike older installers I was not offered any options as to where the samples should be stored.
  1. Go to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk
  2. Right-click on the Dimension Pro folder and select COPY.
  3. Navigate to the drive or folder you want to the samples to be in, then right-click and select PASTE. This will take a little time as its 3.08Gb. I copied it to F:\ (so it became F:\Dimension Pro).
  4. Now open Registry Editor by clicking on Run… and typing in regedit.
  5. The Registry Editor will probably open with lots of stuff in the left-hand pane. Scroll up to the top and click the little triangular ‘collapse’ buttons until the listing is only "Computer" and five other "HKEY_" folders.
  6. In the left pane click the triangle to unfold HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  7. Now unfold the folder SOFTWARE.
  8. Now unfold the folder Cakewalk Music Software.
  9. I had two sub-folders related to Dimension Pro, one called Dimension Pro and the other was simply dp. When you clicked on Dimension Pro the right pane showed some basic info. However, when I clicked on dp the right pane contained the entries “Contents Folder” and “Multisamples Folder”.
  10. With dp highlighted in the left-hand pane I made a back-up. Click FILE then EXPORT… Navigate to your Desktop. Make sure the Export Range option button in the bottom of the dialog box is set on SELECTED BRANCH and the branch name is “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp”. Enter a file name such as GoodDP then click the SAVE button. You can Import this back if everything does not work.
  11. Double-click on “Multisamples Folder” in the right-hand pane. In the dialog box that appears change the 'Value Data:’ to your new destination (for me it was F:\Dimension Pro). Click the OK button. This change is instantly active.
  12. That should have done it. I opened Dimension Pro and tested it was OK but was it using the new sample files? To check I went back to File Explorer and changed the old Multisamples folder name to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\MultisamplesOLD.
Opened Dimension Pro again and it was still working OK.
You’ve now got two versions of the Dimension Pro folder on your PC. When you confident everything is OK you can delete the sub-folder C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\MultisamplesOLD with its 3Gb of data and the registry back-up GoodDP.reg  from your desktop.
2015/01/18 17:52:12
scook
There is a better way. Don't mess with the registry at all. To relocate the entire DimPro directory tree to "F:\Dimension Pro"

Move "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro" to "F:\Dimension Pro" using windows explorer
Then run cmd.exe as administrator and type
mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro" "F:\Dimension Pro"
2015/01/22 10:35:46
Edath
Thats great Scook.....  does that work with Rapture too?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account