• SONAR
  • Waves 9.2 VST3 plugins resetting to default settings after saving??
2013/09/29 20:49:38
Danirustic
Hi,

I just installed Sonar X3, its great! But when using Waves plugins like C1, Desser..L1, L2  as VST3, once I save the project and reopen it, all my plugin settings are reset to default. Even if I start a new project directly in X3, it fails.

Sometimes it remembers some plugs settings, but C1 always gets reset, I was happy to use it for sidechaining...but right now its not working for me!

I reinstalled waves and still the same, also projects from X2 they open waves plugins as default settings.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug? anyone with waves 9.2 can use them as VST3 and can reopen with all the settings correct after saving?

Just try it on a new empty Project with the C1 compresor as VST3..

Thanks

Daniel
2013/09/29 21:50:42
sharke
I really hope they have put paid to all of the funkiness with Waves plugs in Sonar, because I have a recurring problem with X2 resetting my Waves settings when loading a project, and that's the VST2 versions. 
2013/09/29 22:00:18
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Yes I can repro this. I'm sorry to say that this is a problem. It broke pretty recently as a result of a change for ARA support which is why it was not detected. We'll fix it as soon as possible. sorry about this problem.
2013/09/29 22:12:37
sharke
Can't say fairer than that! Well at least when I upgrade I know to avoid the VST3 Waves until the fix. 
2013/09/30 08:39:05
Danirustic
Thanks for your answer Noel, I hope it gets solved soon :)

I just tried using the waves plugs in "vst2 mode" and the GUI is totally messed up,  its unuseable :(

Right now, waves plugins also dont work in vst2. They work in X2 but without the vst3 enhacements.

Perhaps would be interesting to advice this problem...people can loose a lot of time mixing and later opening the project not knowing that all their waves settings are reset to default and all their time work is lost.

Daniel
2013/09/30 08:53:30
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
I'm not seeing any issues with Waves VST2 plugins so you will need to be more specific and log an issue.
Which version of waves, X64 or X86 etc. I loaded C4 and saved and loaded a project and the parameters and UI were fine.
2013/09/30 09:23:07
Noisy Neighbour
Same here. I just realized it. I also had two chrashes when inserting  Waves plugs into the FX bin. (i'll stay away from waves for know...)
Other than that, no issues. Only positve surprises with X3 so far.
BTW, the VST3 folder doesn't show in the browser but the plugins are available right-clicking the in the FX bin.

2013/09/30 10:07:19
Danirustic
Hi Noel,

With the vst 2 waves , I was working with Sonar X3 64bit with Waves 64bit, and got all the GUI problem. I didnt install X3 32 bit so I dont know if it happens on 32bit too.

Sometimes the GUI opens fine, but once you start moving faders from the plug in.. it starts doing weird things on the faders etc.

Thanks

Daniel

2013/09/30 10:11:02
Sanderxpander
I'm on X3 Producer 64 bit, and my Waves Renaissance Comp (VST3) also resets.
2013/09/30 10:42:24
Danirustic
Do waves 64bit work as vst2 without graphics problems in sonar X3 64??

If someone could try it would be nice to know it, sometimes they open good but as soon you start moving settings the graphics starts doing weird things.

Daniel
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account