• SONAR
  • Waves 9.2 VST3 plugins resetting to default settings after saving?? (p.2)
2013/09/30 12:09:18
Danirustic
Ok, after doing more tests I found that to work with waves as vst 2, I must uncheck the option "replace vst2 plugins whrn opening projects" (on the VST 3 migration options).

Then the GUI is working perfectly in vst 2

Also, "vengeance VPS multiband sidechain VST3" plug in, resets to default settings after saving and reopening the Project!

I dont have more vs3 plugins, its posible that all vst3 plugins reset their settings after saving...

Daniel

2013/09/30 12:57:03
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
You shouldn't need to do this. The GUI problems were fixed in the latest release from Waves so make sure you are running the latest versions. We have been running Waves for months (both VST2 and VST3 versions) with no graphical issues. You might need to talk to waves support to resolve it if you have a different problem.

The lost parameter issue is indeed our bug and it will be fixed ASAP. 
2013/09/30 13:31:34
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
One thing Waves users will need to be careful of is having projects with both VST2's and VST3s in the same project. This is not supported by Waves and is a common issue with other DAWs that support both VST2 and VST3. The common symptom of the both being in a project at the same time is that some Waves GUIs will not display properly. This is why we default X3 to replace VST2's with a compatible VST3. If you are seeing graphical glitches with Waves plug-ins in a project it's possible that there are both VST2's and VST3's in the same project. Due to the automatic replace, it can be easy to not realize that they have been upgraded. A quick way to check if a plug-in is VST2 or VST3 is to look if the new "Host Bypass" button is available. Selecting the VST drop down on the plug-in window and clicking "Plug-in Properties" displays the VST plug-in scan location. If this say it's scanned from Program Files\Common Files\VST3 than it is a VST3 version.
2013/09/30 13:33:54
Danirustic
Thanks Noel, I found that the grapic issue on waves vst2 plugin only appears if there is the same waves plugin on another track as vst3

For example, just insert a C1 as vst3 on track 1, then instert another C1 as vst2 on track 2 and you will see a blank GUI or weird things when moving settings on the vst2 plugin.

Can you reproduce it? It seems it gets messed up when you have both vst2 and vst3 versions of the same plugin in the same project.

Thanks for your time :)

Daniel

2013/09/30 13:36:11
Danirustic
ooops, Lancey, we wrote it at the same time ;)

2013/09/30 13:43:08
Danirustic
Thanks Noel, I found that the grapic issue on waves vst2 plugin only appears if there is the same waves plugin on another track as vst3

For example, just insert a C1 as vst3 on track 1, then instert another C1 as vst2 on track 2 and you will see a blank GUI or weird things when moving settings on the vst2 plugin.

Can you reproduce it? It seems it gets messed up when you have both vst2 and vst3 versions of the same plugin in the same project.

Thanks for your time :)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

That is a known limitation of the Waves plugins. You cannot mix and match Waves VST2 and VST3 plugins in the same project. 
That is one reason why we default to hiding VST2 plugins when the VST3 version is available.
If you need more Waves specific details about that issue you may get more info from Waves. This is what they told us however.
2013/09/30 13:55:41
Danirustic
Thanks Noel

Once we got VST3 fixed,  there will be no need to use VST2 anymore :)

Sonar X3 activated by default the VST3 migration options....perhaps would be interesting to advice that vst3 waves plugs are not working at the moment

If someone opens a project in X3 and saves it...they will loose all the waves plugin settings from their project...

Best

Daniel

2013/09/30 15:00:21
Actually saving is not the problem. Its when you load back that the values are reset. The bug is already fixed.
Most likely you will get this fix in the update that goes out at the end of this week so it won't be a long wait.
2013/09/30 18:27:32
Danirustic
That sounds good Noel!

Thanks
2013/10/01 15:06:38
Etmos
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.  I'm pretty sure I read this entire thread, and understood most of it, but I'm still a little unclear what the actual bug is.  My plugins are resetting as well, so I understand that part, but for the time being, is the solution to ONLY use VST2 plugins, and don't use ANY VST3 plugins, until the patch is released later this week?  Or is it ok to use VST3 plugins, but just not Waves VST3 specifically? 

I have some multitrack drums that I've been mixing for a while in X2, and I don't want to screw something up.  I already turned off the "Replace VST2 with VST3" option or whatever, and I THINK that my tracks with Waves VST2 stuff are working, as far as I can tell.  But I just don't want to screw anything else up on tracks I've spent weeks working on, by suddenly losing all of my progress.

So... My question is basically... "The temporary solution is to just NOT use Waves VST3 stuff until the patch later this week... correct?"  Or is there more to it than that?  I just want to make sure I understand WHAT this patch will be fixing (in regards to this specific problem)  Thanks in advance for any clarification you can give me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account