2016/07/23 07:41:44
Soulburned
Vlar
It would also be nice to be able to "export separate files from markers". If I have mixed a live recording, of a set from a club performance or some such, it would be great if I could have markers for each song and just pick the regions between selected markers to be exported to separate file. These could even have the mp3 tags embedded from info included in the markers. I guess this would suggest that markers could contain different sets of info or designations, like "song start", "song end", etc.

I think the marker system needs an update altogether and could use some more advanced timeline callout functions other than just basic text markers.  For example, just having "track" or "track region" markers would help for mastering / album sequencing and arrangement greatly.  Even if they only implemented a simple direct-disc burn feature from within the DAW that would render through the project and then begin the burn process,  it would be a giant first step toward deeper mastering enhancements down the line such as DDP/DPP creation. 
2016/07/23 08:06:01
Soulburned
Just reading through everyone's comments, I think we can all agree that Sonar would benefit overall from a "batch command system".  Since people have mentioned several different unique approaches to where a batch function might be useful, having a batch command function in general could open the doors to a number of things we might want to gain access to.

Potential batch-accessible commands:
  1. Conditional multi-export: export > Audio and perform render tasks in more ways that just "entire mix" "Buses" or "tracks" options currently available in a single render dialogue.*
  2. Meta-driven batch clip export: intelligent exporting of individual clips, with options for exporting the clip "in place" and/or with downstream mix options (follow-to-bus or follow-to-master).  Clip naming would be identified by it's track name and/or #, Nearest marker preceding it, and increment # based on previous clip in the same track (or within a region identified by the most recent marker).
  3. Track creation by take-lanes:  Mostly for sound-designers who iterate record passes or FX.  This option could allow users to "explode take lanes to independent tracks".  increment the name of the track based on it's take-lane #. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account