• Computers
  • Anyone using a CS400 4u Sweetwater computer? (p.2)
2017/08/03 20:28:12
stxx
YEP and its working GREAT!  Im running Win 8.1 with tons of plugins and UAD etc.   AWESOME MACHINE.   I was using an HP Pavillion before, quad core and it also ran great!   Still have it as emergency backup but the CS400 kills it!
2017/08/04 13:12:37
Hangdog Cat
I have a Creation Station CS450v3 (an earlier version of the top of the line CS), and I often stop to consider that it has been one of my best investments in terms of facilitating productivity and minimizing hassles. 

But have them install at least one extra removable drive bay. It comes standard with one bay, and there is room for two more.
2017/08/05 02:37:52
soens
I wonder how performance stacks up to "off the shelf" units. Other than the rackmount case, sata and pci slots, my gaming laptop has better specs for a few $$ less (on sale) AND it has a 4K monitor. It has 2 M2 slots and one sata. It's also the most quiet system I've ever seen... erm, heard.
2017/08/05 03:56:21
Unknowen
soens
I wonder how performance stacks up to "off the shelf" units. Other than the rackmount case, sata and pci slots, my gaming laptop has better specs for a few $$ less (on sale) AND it has a 4K monitor. It has 2 M2 slots and one sata. It's also the most quiet system I've ever seen... erm, heard.

A few years ago I did build a music system for like $600.00 It's still rolling. but it's a tower in a closet. the fans are crazy loud. I used to build Graphic computers and back it was a lot cheaper to build your own. Now days off the shelf is fine for a graphics and DAWs but you need to get the right CPU they are not all the same... They main system I would replace is a 2013 TashShba... (i3 with 4 gigs ram). It does really well until you start adding plugins. multiple tracks and over dubs are fine. I only use AD2 as a drum click. So yes you can get an "off the shelf" but when you can afford it... and LAZY like me Think Large! :) One other item to mention is the audio interface. some use up your CPU faster then others... PEACE!
2017/08/05 23:46:59
soens
Performance is important, but for me quiet is more important as my system is in-studio. The last tower I built is as quiet as I could make it but still nowhere near my new laptop. It's so quiet you think it's off. It does get warm when left on several hours but not critically so. The tower's fans put me to sleep after a while.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account