• Coffee House
  • I think my music is good enough as it is (p.2)
2018/09/17 03:10:21
Beepster
There is nothing to respond to in that post. It's ridiculous.
2018/09/17 03:12:20
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster

You could at least give a response as to why you think it's ridiculous.
2018/09/17 03:36:34
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster

I don't think it's ridiculous at all.  If people just had that 4-note melody of Beethoven's song to listen to, then they would find themselves excited and really wanting to listen to more of the song.  The very fact that they are excited to begin with just shows that this 4-note craft was something great by itself. 

It would be no different than if someone was putting on an amazing light show, but only shared a very brief performance of his/her act.  Just because it was a very brief performance doesn't mean it was nothing great.  It was simply a brief demonstration of greatness that gets people excited to want to witness the full act.  But that brief demonstration can still be appreciated since it was still something great and beautiful.
2018/09/17 04:01:33
kennywtelejazz

Even a Polar Bear in The North Pole Knows this is not the way too treat your only listener

Kenny
2018/09/17 04:16:13
kennywtelejazz

2018/09/17 10:46:10
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Let me try to illustrate my point here.  I'm quite sure many people have listened to one of Beethoven's songs which begins with that famous and catchy:

"Bom bom bom booooooooooom.  Bom bom bom boooooooooom."

Even though this portion of his song is just 4 notes repeated, it's still great.  Of course, it isn't just the 4 notes repeated.  There is also proper chords and whatnot to go along with that repeated 4-note melody.  Now, even if Beethoven stopped there and decided to only share that, it would still be something great.  

That repeated 4-note melody Beethoven has chosen obviously wasn't some basic, lame, mediocre tune.  Anybody could choose a 4-note melody like Beethoven.  But it takes a great artist to choose the right 4 notes that conveys something great.  

You're just embarrassing yourself now, please stop.

Beethoven's 5th symphony in C minor is not a 'song', it's a 36 minute symphony. Those '4 catchy notes'  are the introduction to a major work by one of the geniuses of classical music.

They're not repeated either, they're played once then developed harmonically and thematically. I suggest you actually listen to it.

Please, don't even think about aligning your rudimentary ditties to that, it's beyond laughable.
2018/09/17 11:59:26
SysExJohn

Q.E.D.

2018/09/17 12:21:09
bdickens
You're not Beethoven.
2018/09/17 12:29:48
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Let me try to illustrate my point here.  I'm quite sure many people have listened to one of Beethoven's songs which begins with that famous and catchy:

"Bom bom bom booooooooooom.  Bom bom bom boooooooooom."

Even though this portion of his song is just 4 notes repeated, it's still great.  Of course, it isn't just the 4 notes repeated.  There is also proper chords and whatnot to go along with that repeated 4-note melody.  Now, even if Beethoven stopped there and decided to only share that, it would still be something great.  

That repeated 4-note melody Beethoven has chosen obviously wasn't some basic, lame, mediocre tune.  Anybody could choose a 4-note melody like Beethoven.  But it takes a great artist to choose the right 4 notes that conveys something great.  

You're just embarrassing yourself now, please stop.

Beethoven's 5th symphony in C minor is not a 'song', it's a 36 minute symphony. Those '4 catchy notes'  are the introduction to a major work by one of the geniuses of classical music.

They're not repeated either, they're played once then developed harmonically and thematically. I suggest you actually listen to it.

Please, don't even think about aligning your rudimentary ditties to that, it's beyond laughable.

For someone who's used to living their life by a high, professional musical standard, it might very well seem ridiculous to assume that a simple, crafted melody is all that's needed to make music good.  But imagine the casual standard of a music teacher teaching students who are complete beginners to composing.  

If a student has chosen a melody with a few notes, made it into a fully crafted tune, and this choice was something more than what some average composer plucking out any old keys would up with, then that student might get the gold star.  He might be praised by this teacher.  

That goes back to my Beethoven example with how his choice of a 4-note crafted melody was something more than what the average, lame composer could come up with.  To me, that's all that's needed to make music good.  Making it into a fully crafted song would be much better.  

But just having the crafted melody itself is good enough and should be appreciated.  A professional standard would say that's not good enough and that it's nothing more than something very basic and simple.  But a casual standard would say that's good enough.  Like I said, I think this casual standard is a reasonable standard.    

2018/09/17 12:41:10
Leadfoot
Who let this guy back out...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account