• Coffee House
  • I think my music is good enough as it is (p.6)
2018/09/18 15:34:59
Voda La Void
Well let's keep in mind that SuperMarioGamer said he was autistic in a previous post, so either that was him playing games or he's actually autistic, which could explain this disconnect between emotion and music and how it just seems to escape his understanding.  

Or he could be having fun with this personality and driving us all nuts...
2018/09/18 15:55:28
ØSkald
Voda La Void
Well let's keep in mind that SuperMarioGamer said he was autistic in a previous post, so either that was him playing games or he's actually autistic, which could explain this disconnect between emotion and music and how it just seems to escape his understanding.  

Or he could be having fun with this personality and driving us all nuts...

Good point.
2018/09/18 17:47:06
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer
But you forgot to repeat the melody at the lower octave to make it complete.  After all, that's what conveys the greatness and catchiness of Beethoven's melody (along with, of course, having chords and whatnot to go along with that melody).  When I create melodies, I usually don't have just one simple melody like that.  There's a bit more to my melodies.  So, my melodies are complete and that's why they convey greatness and catchiness to my friends and family.  Also, just so you know, some of my melodies have more than just 4 repeated notes to them.

Well there you are then. You've done it. You're better than Beethoven. No need to write anything else. Forget any chords and 'whatnots', don't need any of that.

You're not deaf as well are you?
2018/09/18 17:57:44
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer
But you forgot to repeat the melody at the lower octave to make it complete.  After all, that's what conveys the greatness and catchiness of Beethoven's melody (along with, of course, having chords and whatnot to go along with that melody).  When I create melodies, I usually don't have just one simple melody like that.  There's a bit more to my melodies.  So, my melodies are complete and that's why they convey greatness and catchiness to my friends and family.  Also, just so you know, some of my melodies have more than just 4 repeated notes to them.

Well there you are then. You've done it. You're better than Beethoven. No need to write anything else. Forget any chords and 'whatnots', don't need any of that.

You're not deaf as well are you?

I'm not saying my simple tunes are as great as a fully crafted symphony by Beethoven.  So, I'm not saying I'm as great or better than Beethoven.  I'm simply saying I'm the equivalent of a professional musical artist (even Beethoven) choosing simple, good, catchy melodies.  I have added chords and whatnot to some of my tunes though. 

However, some people might actually get the melodies I'm trying to convey without any chords and whatnot.  For example, I think people would definitely get that repeated 4-note melody of Beethoven's, its greatness, and catchiness even without anything else to that melody.  Lastly, I'm not deaf.
2018/09/18 18:05:51
bayoubill
" I'm simply saying that my tunes would be the equivalent of a professional musical artist (even Beethoven) choosing simple, good, catchy melodies."

SuperMarioGamer - Are your tunes posted somewhere I can enjoy them? Please post a site to visit 
2018/09/18 18:26:25
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer
 I have added chords and whatnot to some of my tunes though. 

I'm interested in this 'whatnot' you keep mentioning. Can you be more specific?
2018/09/18 18:35:44
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

I should have said "Chords and a beat" rather than "Chords and whatnot."
2018/09/18 18:44:05
SteveStrummerUK

"I don't get it"
   ~ Straummy (2006-2018)
2018/09/18 18:50:46
ØSkald
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

I should have said "Chords and a beat" rather than "Chords and whatnot."

SuperMarioGamer.

Show me great music with 4 note melody.
Do you have any example of this great art?

The Beethoven one is not 4 notes. just the motive are. And the greatness is not the motive but how he uses it throughout. Like the part right after it is played 6 times in upwards motion and released with a extended version of the motive. That is just the 6 bars inn. How he uses the motive here is what makes it great.

Over simplified example of the motive in use on the first page of the score:

2018/09/18 18:51:05
Mesh
SteveStrummerUK

"I don't get it"
   ~ Straummy (2006-2018)

What's not to get.

HTH 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account