• Software
  • Questions for Superior Drummer 3 users
2018/09/30 18:50:10
Glyn Barnes
I am still on the fence when it comes to upgrading my Superior Drummer 2 to version 3 and I need to decide before the upgrade deal ends.

It looks like its only about £10 more to get it on an SSD. Is anyone successfully running it off the SSD over USB3 or do you need to install to an internal drive?

If so will the application read from both the SSD and from the drive containing the rest of the Toontrack SDX and EZX libraries?

Would you consider, on sound, the new kits alone are worth the upgrade price?

I assume if the SSD fails at some point the application and sounds are available to download from your account, is this the case?

2018/09/30 18:56:09
DeeringAmps
Upgrade, but install to an internal drive.
I have the samples on an M.2, loads projects “yesterday”!
Only reason to get the SSD would be slow internet. Using the product manager makes maintaining all toontracks simple.
Defining the sample paths should not be an issue.
As to sound, it’s toontrack, and I have “toon” many libraries.
T
2018/09/30 19:27:57
Glyn Barnes
Thanks, One more question, if you go for the download option can you skip downloading and installing the surround sound options if you don't need them?
2018/09/30 20:11:08
galeom
Downloads for SD3 are divided in sections you can only download what you need. I think that you dont even need to download SD3 soundbanks it can be from SD2 or EZX packs.
2018/09/30 23:19:27
Sidroe
I use Superior 3 on a meager desktop with just SD 2 and EZX libraries. Works fine. I have not downloaded any of the bleeds or surround sound files and 3 runs fine.
I do have the full package installed on my laptop rig. Took 2 full days to download the full library.
Back to the desktop. The added FX are well worth jumping to 3 even if you don't need the surround files. The FX really spruce up any older toontrack libraries you may have!
2018/10/01 00:56:24
gmon72
Yes you can download the files in the future if need be. The large GUI, song building features, MIDI drum editor, tap2find etc a4e great features.
2018/10/01 01:09:36
BassDaddy
There is so much value in Superior Drummer 3. I downloaded everything but didn't install the surround stuff. The new kits are worth the upgrade in my opinion but the Tracker, Grid Editor, all the rods and mallets and brushes, all the FX, and Macros, importing audio and changing it to MIDI, the ability to take the snare and ride from one MIDI file and the kick from another, and what is it 7 new kits all recorded by George Massenburg. Go on YouTube and watch all the SD3 vids you can. There are lots of tutorials by Toontrack and Groove3. The value is unparalleled! The 7 kits would be worth it but there is so much more. 
2018/10/01 05:55:45
bapu
One cavet, a saved SD2 preset will not open in SD3. At least it did not form me. 
2018/10/01 13:11:18
Glyn Barnes
Thanks guys, I decided on the download, best UK price I found was plugin Alliance Plugin Boutique.
2018/10/01 14:47:41
TheMaartian
Side note: I have a 400/40 Mbps internet connection. Still took quite awhile to download all 290+ GB. Took even longer to install to a spinner. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account