• Software
  • Questions for Superior Drummer 3 users (p.2)
2018/10/01 16:13:55
bitflipper
TheMaartian
Side note: I have a 400/40 Mbps internet connection. Still took quite awhile to download all 290+ GB. Took even longer to install to a spinner. 

And you still have to make a backup. That's the real advantage to buying it on SSD, having an instant backup.

I elected not to do that, because I was afraid I'd probably just lose the SSD. Instead, I bought a 3TB external USB drive that can hold all my backups in one place. Better odds of remembering where I last put that device.
2018/10/01 17:57:29
TheMaartian
bitflipper
And you still have to make a backup. That's the real advantage to buying it on SSD, having an instant backup.

I elected not to do that, because I was afraid I'd probably just lose the SSD. Instead, I bought a 3TB external USB drive that can hold all my backups in one place. Better odds of remembering where I last put that device.

I tend to misplace things, as well. I try to have "one place for everything...and everything in its place." Doesn't always work.

The only really necessary rule?

Don't store ANYTHING important in your back pocket. 
2018/10/01 18:38:18
Glyn Barnes
Downloads going quite well. I should have all but the surround sound downloaded by this evening. I will keep one copy of the downloads on an external HDD for convenience to avoid having to download again if I have to reinstall.

I will have a drive image of the drive its installed on as a further line of defense.

For one time only downloads I like to keep an Acronis file backup of the installation files in another location too.
2018/10/01 19:08:00
Glyn Barnes
First impressions, without room mics and additional bleeds, I am very happy. I always preferred Toontrack's work flow to FXPansion and SD3 enhances that workflow and at the same time add features that should close the feature gap with BFD3.

The kits i have previewed sound very good and I was pleased to find snare rolls and cymbal crescendos etc in the "extras" section of the MIDI
2018/10/02 00:40:51
BassDaddy
Glyn Barnes
First impressions, without room mics and additional bleeds, I am very happy. I always preferred Toontrack's work flow to FXPansion and SD3 enhances that workflow and at the same time add features that should close the feature gap with BFD3.

The kits i have previewed sound very good and I was pleased to find snare rolls and cymbal crescendos etc in the "extras" section of the MIDI

Yup, draw them in with a pencil. The dynamics control in the grid editor is also very cool.
2018/10/02 03:47:41
june61944
Where's the cheapest place to get the upgrade to SD3 from SD2?
2018/10/02 08:17:43
Glyn Barnes
june61944
Where's the cheapest place to get the upgrade to SD3 from SD2?
Plugin Alliance Boutique was the best price I found in the UK for the download. £147 including VAT and earned about £10 in loyalty points.
2018/10/02 10:49:24
Glyn Barnes
One final question, is there any conceivable point in downloading and installing the surround sound stuff if you are only going to be using stereo. I imagine not but I wonder, could the surround mic perspectives be of use in a stereo mix?
2018/10/02 11:39:34
Royal Yaksman
I'm holding off on the upgrade until it is nearer to the cutoff date, as I'm thinking they might do something in the vicinity of a 15-20% discount (dreaming?) to get the last of their curmudgeon users onto the new digs.
2018/10/02 12:16:44
Sidroe
You can still use the surround mics in just a stereo mix. You don't get the full fx but it does give you a good distance ambience to add to your arsenal. Great for John Bonham type room drums.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account