• SONAR
  • Changing Tracks Live (VST) Best Way? -SOLVED (p.2)
2018/12/04 08:24:07
michael japan
brundlefly
For any two (or more) MIDI/Instrument tracks, just enable input echo on all of them, set the Input of the MIDI tracks (or MIDI components of Instrument tracks) to different channels, and set forced output channel to whatever each synth wants (if necessary - usually a non-multitimbral synth will respond to any channel), and switch instruments by changing the output channel on your controller. Each track will pass only the channel that matches its Input setting.

not working for me. I know you guys are right but I am just not managing to get the right combination. So discouraging. Maybe I just don't understand the way you talk. I switched to use a Yamaha MX61 for a controller. 
KK 1 is Rhodes with output to KK1
KK2 is organ with output to KK2
With this configuration if I move the cursor back and both I get the desired result -rhodes on KK1 and organ on KK2.
I put both instances of Komplete Kontrol on Input echo on.
Now when I play on any of the tracks I get organ and rhodes -makes sense. That's what it should do.
Hence, you would think all I would need to do is change the MX input on KK2 to channel 2 on the organ channel and bam. 
No bam. I get no sound from the organ.
Using up hours of valuable practice time. 
  Next - to show you I am not a complete idiot, I then do the configuration same as above as I understood you said to do. I instead switch to my CLP 545 which at 68kilos I am not taking to the gig.
 Works like a charm.
So, I must not be finding the MIDI OUT on the MX. I am changing the Basic Channel because that is all I can find. Assuming there may be a midi out somewhere.
Michael digs deep into the manual -maybe. I really need to rehearse.

Edit - so, changing the basic channel toggling from 1 to 2 does nothing. I chose part select on the dedicated 16 track buttons on the right and as you go from button to button the corresponding midi channel connects. Sigh. It's always nice to follow things till the end but I could not find that in the manual and in utility moving the channel up and down does nothing. O course you will probably not understand all this but _SOLVED>

2018/12/04 14:21:35
abacab
Any MIDI controller should work with that solution.  I would opt for the one that makes it easiest to select MIDI channels from.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account