2016/12/06 21:13:30
kook
Are these strictly for midi...im not planning on using any midi just audio(wav) recording...can anyone help me understand this?
2016/12/06 21:15:38
scook
ADPaks are audio sample sets for Addictive Drums

2016/12/07 13:53:42
kook
I have addictive drums..is this strictly a midi application or is there drum reinforcment to make my recorded drums sound better? Ty
2016/12/07 14:00:46
scook
Addictive Drums is a soft synth driven by MIDI data. There are several ways to generate MIDI from recorded drums, such as the Drum Replacer, AudioSnap or Melodyne, if you wants to use the synth for drum reinforcement.
2016/12/07 15:05:32
Hatstand
I am reluctant to join this thread given that my name doesn't end in "ook" but XLN do two types of add-ons, kits (AD Paks) and sets of midi sequences (midi Paks)
The ADPacks have samples of a kit and usually a small collection of midi sequences (grooves) which work nicely with the kits pieces
Midi Packs are just sequences (grooves) which can be used with any kit but work better with some than others.

For the record you can also get individual kit pieces.

AD has a slightly different mapping ( note to kit piece mappings) to other drum sample/sequencers hence why their in-house midi paks work out of the box
2016/12/07 15:39:53
Larry Jones
kook
I have addictive drums..is this strictly a midi application or is there drum reinforcment to make my recorded drums sound better? Ty

If you have SONAR Platinum you have the Drum Replacer. I've never tried it, but theoretically you can convert some of your live recorded drums to the slick sampled drums available in Addictive Drums and other drum samplers. Since live drums are among the most difficult instruments to get right in a live recording, this could -- theoretically -- drastically improve your finished product.

PS: In Addictive Drums, you can think of ADpaks as the drums, and MIDIpaks as the grooves. You can "play" any MIDIpak with any ADpak. To me this makes MIDIpaks much more valuable, even though they cost a lot less. But of course all of this is moot if you just want to record drums live. 
2016/12/07 15:49:03
scook
It is possible to create Drum Replacer sfz files from Addictive Drums samples. It was the subject of a thread around the time of Drum Replacer's release. Bill Jackson created a tool called CwDrSfzMaker available from the SONAR Resources and Utilities thread.
2016/12/07 16:01:47
bluzdog
AD Paks are add-on sounds for Addictive Drums. Here's a video for a brief overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIA0rEjva1g It sound like you're more interested in drum replacement. There is a program from XLN called Addictive Trigger that will do that better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2NXaVxM328
Addictive Trigger is cool because the same AD Paks are compatible with Addictive Drums.

Rocky
2016/12/07 19:01:04
kook
Ty guys i think i get it now
2016/12/19 20:46:39
guitarwailer
How many Kits/AD Paks are you supposed to get with Platinum?
I only have the Fairfax Vol.1, I thought you were to get at least 3 or 4 Kits etc., etc.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account