• Computers
  • Has Microsoft nerffed Win 7 ? (p.2)
2017/07/18 15:35:37
kitekrazy1
Frys and Newegg are still pushing those W7 Pro OEMs.  I still keep a W7 machine because of XP mode to keep using my Canon Scanner.  I don't really want to buy a new one, plus the hardware really can't be upgraded anymore.

I had the same issue but I can't remember the fix but leaving it on will do the same thing.  Networking in W10 is still broken. F'updates remove network credentials and then you have to login on each machine to get your shared drives back.

2017/07/29 04:12:54
Resonant Serpent
Did you get this solved? There's an update rollup that you need to install. It solves the "loop" problem of not updating. I went through the same thing, and this solved it.

https://support.microsoft...ndows-server-2008-r2-s
2017/07/29 10:40:37
fireberd
I used to have an old system that had Win 7/Win 10 as a dual boot system.  Eventually I wound up with Win 10 only as I found all my software (and recording hardware) ran on Win 10 (and some better) and I rarely booted to Win 7.  The old desktop, that was built at the start of Win 7 ran Win 10 without problems.  I don't do any system tweaking as it is basically a "vanilla" system anyway and the Latency Mon program shows no problems.  I do disable the Ethernet NIC (go off line) when running Sonar (a hold over from the Win 7 days and may not be needed).

If your hardware and software are all Win 10 compatible, I say go with Win 10.  I even get slightly lower latency with Win 10. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account