2018/08/13 21:54:40
bayoubill
Used to be... those were the days... now I Am so old I don’t care! I’d rather just play my guitar than the ladies now. Way easier... now that I think about it .. I don’t have the energy to play the ladies
2018/08/13 22:29:31
TheMaartian
Jim Roseberry
Our "Demo" is typically 35-55 (read older)... but playing well at a show (still) draws attention from "chicks".  
I met my wife singing... and she's the absolute best.

Rare... but it can get a little awkward when a 20s something tries to flirt... and you're (almost) old enough to be her grand-dad.  

Sure wish I could tell which ones are through menopause already.

OK, I could probably guess right for a lady rocking out with a walker.

Another advantage of aging is that a slow walking blues bass line REALLY gets 'em two-steppin'.

Or step-and-a-half-n.
2018/08/14 06:00:02
Kamikaze
I think it's the fact that he's like a shouty Sheldon of Big Bang Theory, that holds him back.
2018/08/14 16:17:47
ØSkald
Kamikaze
I think it's the fact that he's like a shouty Sheldon of Big Bang Theory, that holds him back.

LOL

Well the problem is the guy.

For myself:
I was super thin with long hair, no beard, no luck.
I was super thin with short hair no beard, no luck.
I was XL with short hair no beards, no luck.
I was XL with long hair, nor beard, no luck.
I was XL with long hair, long beard, no luck.
I can’t say the problem is anything but myself.
2018/08/14 17:46:07
Starise
This isn't necessarily for you ØSkald. I'm not sure about Norwegian women. I guess they would be similar. I imagined them all to be pretty with blond hair and blue eyes over there. In reality I hear there are not lookers there too.

Maybe some women here should chime in about what they like in a man. I know a few things help.
 They really dig money. You could put a potato in your pants. Not the back tho.

Women like nice shoes. A man who dresses well. They like a man with sense of humor but not the hot dog type who demand everyone's attention. Someone who is considerate of them.

Depends on what type you happen to be looking for. Some girls like the bad boy who is prone to trouble. Then they spend the rest of their lives wishing they hadn't done that. Women get desperate when they get past 30 because if they ever wanted a family time is beginning to slip away. Most of them ARE thinking family eventually so I would keep that in mind. If you marry one with a family be prepared to be a part of it.

This is the first segment in my 300 page special on landing chicks....and this is only the prelude.
2018/08/14 22:02:00
ØSkald
Starise
This isn't necessarily for you ØSkald. I'm not sure about Norwegian women. I guess they would be similar. I imagined them all to be pretty with blond hair and blue eyes over there. In reality I hear there are not lookers there too.

Maybe some women here should chime in about what they like in a man. I know a few things help.
 They really dig money. You could put a potato in your pants. Not the back tho.

Women like nice shoes. A man who dresses well. They like a man with sense of humor but not the hot dog type who demand everyone's attention. Someone who is considerate of them.

Depends on what type you happen to be looking for. Some girls like the bad boy who is prone to trouble. Then they spend the rest of their lives wishing they hadn't done that. Women get desperate when they get past 30 because if they ever wanted a family time is beginning to slip away. Most of them ARE thinking family eventually so I would keep that in mind. If you marry one with a family be prepared to be a part of it.

This is the first segment in my 300 page special on landing chicks....and this is only the prelude.

Keep them coming.

For me though. I just love my life as it is now.

I just think it is a little funny how things have changed around, from the 80s till now. In the 80s guitarist were stars, now they are considered nerds.

And also, it is funny how the “world” advertises how great it is to be a “star” but just this few people gets to be. And I bet their life isn’t that great ether. All the stress and newer never relaxing.

I more like to be myself and have this life than this “star” / ”guitar god” life they said was so great. I much rather want to be a normal person who can live the life I want.
2018/08/14 23:59:41
Starise
Good thoughts there  ØSkald.

I think many women think playing any instrument is cool. I have never met one but they must be out there.

2018/08/15 03:51:21
ØSkald
wife of my friend is a rock drummer.
she is really cool.
she had a all girls band.
2018/08/15 04:14:10
kennywtelejazz
Kenficious say ,

Ask not what your guitar playing can do for your Love Life .
Instead , ask what your Love Life can do for your Guitar Playing .

Kenny

2018/08/15 13:20:02
bitman
Just look at the Buddy Holly nerd in the OP.
Guitar or not dude.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account