• SONAR
  • Avid 11 Rack on sale - Deal or no deal?
2018/12/02 21:05:55
digimidi
Been seeing Avid 11 Rack on sale for around $200 without Pro Tools.  Is this a deal?  Are there drivers to allow it to run in a DAW under Windows 10, or do you have to have Pro Tools to do it?  This thing used to be around $700 if I recall correctly.  Does anyone have any experience working with this unit, or is it a dud due to its tie-in to Pro Tools?
2018/12/02 21:26:33
Anderton
This article tells how to use Eleven Rack with with ASIO programs including Sonar, Live, Acid, Mixcraft, Record, and Cubase. $200 is a good price, although I think something like the (considerably more expensive) Line 6 Helix benefits from using newer technology and better modeling. I'm pretty sure the drivers work with Windows 10, I tested them with an earlier version of W10.
2018/12/02 23:07:19
CTStump
It comes with Protools first which is available free. The hardware itself is way worth that price.

It irks the h, e, double toothpicks out of me why Avid markets this version of Protools as an incentive with their hardware kinda like a "bait and switch" in my unhumble opinion.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account