2016/06/30 11:51:30
killerbee1985
Hi,

i own several DAWs like Sonar Platinum or Studio One 3. I would like to use the new LP Plugins within other DAWs too, like other Cakewalk Plugins i bought with Sonar or extra from Cakewalk like Z3ta2+. But the new LP Plugins aren't visible in other DAWs.

So my request is: Can Cakewalk please remove this kind of protection? 

Thank you!
2016/06/30 12:38:51
Slugbaby
My producer uses some obscure DAW that I've never heard of before.  I can't remember what it is offhand, even Googling common applications didn't bring up a familiar name...

However, he uses LP Multiband Compressor on it.  So it is able to be used elsewhere (unless the ones that come with Sonar are somehow locked down)...
2016/06/30 12:46:15
killerbee1985
Slugbaby
However, he uses LP Multiband Compressor on it.  So it is able to be used elsewhere (unless the ones that come with Sonar are somehow locked down)...

Yes, locked down. The new Vst3 Plugins are locked down i think. My Feature Request is to have them unlocked. They are feature-rich and i want them to use in another DAW too. They are also in a Format which other DAWS can also use. Maybe its not on purpose that they are not working in other DAWs.

But can Cakewalk make them work?

2016/06/30 13:55:06
AT
Many companies "lock" included effects to use with their programs.  Sony's newer stuff (reverb and mastering compressor) were locked to SONY products.  If it ain't for sale as a separate item, the good stuff is usually considered part of the program sold, not independent.  Since Cakewalk rewrote these plugs, I don't see them freeing them any time soon.
2016/06/30 14:07:26
Brian Walton
I was surprised when I tried to use the BlueTubes plugins in Adobe Premiere Pro (on the same computer that has SonarX3 Producer + Plat) only to get an error stating they can only be used in Sonar X3 or above.  Pretty lame, IMO.   Especially considering the plugs are just ok.  
2016/06/30 14:16:12
scook
Bundled third party plug-ins rarely work outside of SONAR. This condition is part of the distribution agreement between the manufacturer and Cakewalk. There are exceptions such as the full version of Melodyne Essential and Addictive Drums 2. TH3 Cakewalk goes into demo mode outside of authorized versions of SONAR. Most other third party plug-ins throw a locked messaged.

Cakewalk may elect to unlock the new LP and MB plug-ins but they also may offer them for sale separately in which case the unlocked plug-ins would probably be available at a discount for SONAR users.
2016/06/30 16:27:02
killerbee1985
scook

Cakewalk may elect to unlock the new LP and MB plug-ins but they also may offer them for sale separately in which case the unlocked plug-ins would probably be available at a discount for SONAR users.

If they want to sell the Plugins later it's a different story. I thought it's convenient to use them in another DAW. But as Sonar User i wouldn't buy them again either. Because i have them already. So it would be very nice to unlock them if they are bought within Sonar if possible.
2016/06/30 18:47:18
ampfixer
If you wanted them unlocked the price for Sonar would have to go up. Your loyalty to Sonar gives you the plugs at a heavy discount. There's lots of stuff for sale. Thumbs down to this idea.
2016/07/01 08:26:14
killerbee1985
ampfixer
There's lots of stuff for sale. Thumbs down to this idea.

I've bought various things from Cakewalk, in the last 2 to 3 years. CLA-2A, Rapture Pro, Brickwall Limiter, Z3ta2+, Sonar X3 and Platinum for example. And i don't hesitate to spend my money on useful things. If in your logic Cakewalk locks all the plugins we have to pay only the half of the price for Sonar. But i wouldn't pay for Plugins again i already bought either.

The question was aimed towards Cakewalk.

Thank You
2016/07/02 11:16:06
ampfixer
You'll wait a long time for an answer.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account