2018/06/07 02:22:24
ØSkald
paulo
Jarsve
For me I love the Metal ones the best, but some of the melodies has to much harmonies to make it with a distorted guitar. So this version is perfect.

Getting out of my depth now, but I listened to a piano performance and a violin performance and found this version to be easier on the ears.

It is made for single violin. And re aranged for guitar, piano and even orchester. But not by Bach. If you are more familier with band music this version is best. And this person in this video does a great job. He is the best of the ones playing it on guitar, I think. But I think the violin version is more expressove. It is much more depth you can add to a single note. There is lots of version on spotify. Recommend, Rachel Barton Pine and Itzhak Perlman.
2018/06/10 10:27:42
paulo
Jarsve
paulo
Jarsve
For me I love the Metal ones the best, but some of the melodies has to much harmonies to make it with a distorted guitar. So this version is perfect.

Getting out of my depth now, but I listened to a piano performance and a violin performance and found this version to be easier on the ears.

It is made for single violin. And re aranged for guitar, piano and even orchester. But not by Bach. If you are more familier with band music this version is best. And this person in this video does a great job. He is the best of the ones playing it on guitar, I think. But I think the violin version is more expressove. It is much more depth you can add to a single note. There is lots of version on spotify. Recommend, Rachel Barton Pine and Itzhak Perlman.

That Itzhak fella certainly gives the impression that he's played that violin before. I know what you mean about the extra expression of a violin. Unfortunately, however well played there's something about the sound of a solo violin that I can only take for so long. I think I was damaged by  growing up with a family member who regularly screeched away in the background producing a sound that mere words cannot fully convey the full horror of, so upon hearing a violin player it's only ever a matter of time before those painful memories are recalled and once that happens, it's too much to bear and I have to turn it off.
2018/06/10 13:09:08
ØSkald
paulo
Jarsve
paulo
Jarsve
For me I ...

Getting out of ...

It is made ...

That Itzhak fella ...

Lol. Pore you. I totally understand. You have to be used to it. And it can sound awful if you have bad experience. In a way you have to grow in to the sound of a solo violin played that way.

For me it say a lott that this peace of music is still sounding great on a totally different instrument than what it is intended. What makes it cool on violin, is that you are playing on more than one string at a time. and do the sweeping of the bow. but you dont get that effect on a guitar at all. Everybody has heard a guitarist playing more than one string at a time. The one arranging it for guitar, arranged it for Spanish guitar. And that is also different feel wise from the el-guitar.

On a side note. There is tonns of videos of teen girls doing this classical pieces on guitar. And they always gets more view than old dudes playing better. I think that is sad in a way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68
Dr.Viossy - Seen 13 M times, launched 6 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w
Tina S - Seen 18 M times, launched 1 year ago.

2018/09/08 05:31:20

Apparently you got to click the link in the player to play it on youtube
2018/09/08 16:35:56
bayoubill
Original

Cover

2018/09/08 16:47:38
msmcleod
My favourite two...

Sympathy, Marillion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG-vgy7oq3w

Spectral Mornings 2015, Beggs/Booth/D'Virgilio/Longdon/Reed... although Steve Hackett is actually on it, so it might not count as a cover... fantasic though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49cwM7b1Wk
2018/09/08 16:58:51
jamesg1213
Good choices, especially the 2nd one.
2018/09/08 21:01:27
Sheanes
liking Dream On by Dio + Malmsteen
2018/09/08 21:52:53
Leadfoot
Cinnamon Girl by Type O Negative
2018/09/08 21:53:23
Leadfoot