2018/07/17 17:55:22
cclarry
from 10.0.0.16 to 10.0.51.5

Run Waves Central to update
2018/07/20 00:17:01
Jesse G

2018/07/20 02:08:00
Jeff Evans
It is not hard.  I think many go about it the wrong way.  Here is the approach that I use.  I got this from Waves themselves in fact.

Run Waves Central. (Note if it seems like a long time for this to even appear just be patient and wait it out.)
Click on Easy Install and Activate
Enter your log in details
Now WAIT!! Look right up top left or bottom right. It is checking for updates. This is not obvious. People start doing stuff while Central is checking for updates. Don't. Just wait.
If there are updates available the words Updates Available will appear in blue right at the very top.
Click on that. (Updates Available)
A window will appear indicating what is going to update.
Click on OK.  Be patient.  This can take some time depending what is being updated.

It will let you know that all the updates have been successful.  This has worked every time for me.  It is faultless in fact.
Installing new plugins is just as easy.
2018/07/20 02:31:24
RSMCGUITAR
I agree with Jeff, this is exactly what I do. Works every time.
2018/07/20 13:16:21
msorrels
I saw another note complaining about Waves Central updating V9 only licensed plugins to their V10 version and thought I'd mention what happened with me when I applied this set of V10 updates to my mixed V9 & V10 setup.

Waves Central said a handful of plugins had updates, including Codex which I only have a V9 license for and haven't upgraded.  It sure looked like it was going to update it and the few plugins I did have V10 licenses on.  I went ahead and let it do the full update (you can't pick what to update with it) even though I was worried.  When it was done my Codex was still V9, even though it was listed as having an update from one version of 10 to a slightly later 10.  

So basically everything worked just like it should have and I didn't lose my V9 plugin even though it claimed it was updating it.  That may have been because I had ran the Waves Organizer app that purged all the unlicensed V10's from my system.  If I had both V9 and V10 installed (something Waves really doesn't want you do to) perhaps it would have been different?
2018/07/21 01:57:11
bwbalint
Went smoothly here and the few waves plugins that were updated showed themselves as such when placed into a project and appropriately tickled. I did have to say yes to the Win10 box that asks for confirmation to allow the installer to make changes on my computer. First attempt I walked away from the desk before that came up and the process didn’t proceed to completion. That box times out and Waves just hangs. Just needed to restart.
2018/07/22 16:33:31
Grem
bwbalint

First attempt I walked away from the desk before that came up and the process didn’t proceed to completion. That box times out and Waves just hangs. Just needed to restart.

ANd they know about this and still haven't changed it. Which means no install without staying there until it asks. PITA if you ask me. : )
2018/07/22 17:17:31
Jesse G
My Growl Face was because Larry beat me to the posting about the Waves Update !

Larry always beats me to postings
2018/07/27 02:29:37
cclarry
RSMCGUITAR
I agree with Jeff, this is exactly what I do. Works every time.

Ditto.  I follow this course also and have never had a problem
2018/08/03 03:22:29
2:43AM
Is there a way to check what may be new in v10 vs v9 with certain plugins?  For example, it appears LoAir's v10 upgrade gives M+S processing.  Curious to know what other plugins have to offer, but there's got to be a better way than just looking at images on Waves.com.  If the change is a worthy upgrade, I wouldn't mind spending a little ca$h on WUP.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account