• Software
  • Waves Plugin Updates Available (p.2)
2018/08/03 11:12:09
msorrels
Wave's Release Notes
https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

it is about the most info you can get on what has changed.  I'm not sure you'll be able to really answer if an upgrade is worth getting from them though.  The level of detail is a bit low.
2018/08/03 11:14:36
2:43AM
msorrels
Wave's Release Notes
https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

it is about the most info you can get on what has changed.  I'm not sure you'll be able to really answer if an upgrade is worth getting from them though.  The level of detail is a bit low.

Thank you!  Simple enough, but so easily overlooked! And I agree on the limited information. I was hoping to see "Element 2.0: improved CPU usage efficiency" or something similar, but did not.  I hope that updates is coming soon. Element, for example, is a nice, relatively decent sounding synth for basic stuff, but it is a CPU hog!
2018/08/03 12:01:29
msorrels
Both of Wave's synths could use some performance work but that kind of development is very expensive (time & money) and rarely pays off in increased sales.  So it never gets the focus.  If you are still under WUP I'd recommend sending them a note perhaps with specific Element patches that are causing the most CPU usage issues for you.  I'd bet having customers say there is a specific performance problem is the best chance performance work will ever get done.
2018/08/08 13:43:11
Grem
msorrels

I'd bet having customers say there is a specific performance problem is the best chance performance work will ever get done.

You are correct there!
2018/08/10 01:18:12
clintmartin
Does everyone else have 3 waves shells installed? I have 3 for vst3 and 3 for vst2.
2018/08/10 11:32:20
Grem
Yes I do Clint. That's some of the BS that I find Waves does with WC. From my understanding, it's required for all the plugins to run. Something about libraries for different /older plugs. One for the real old, one for the old, and one for new.

I can be wrong about this, I'm just making guesses based on things I have read.
2018/08/10 13:04:40
msorrels
It's not just the versions of the plugins you have.  The number of shells you have also depend on how many Waves plugins you have as well.  For example I have two shells for V10 and one shell for V9.92 and one shell for V9.7.  I believe this is because there is a limit to how many plugins a single VST shell can support.  So Waves actually makes multiple shells on your computer depending on how many plugins you have.   So the number of shells you have can vary greatly.

In my case my 9.7 shells contain only StudioRack (3 plugins total due to stereo/mono versions)
My 9.92 shell contains all my v9 plugins (85 plugins total)
My first 10.0 shell contains 276 plugins, my second 10.0 shell contains only 3 plugins (the Abbey Road Chambers which I just added).

I assume if I were to add enough V10 plugins I'd get a third V10 shell.
2018/08/10 15:45:20
Grem
Matt that sounds like a better explanation than what I said! : )
2018/08/10 16:34:33
husker
Nice explanation.  THank you.

How do you figure out what plugins are in what shell?
2018/08/10 16:53:13
msorrels
I use a shell2vst plugin tool that can make single vst's out of shells so you can use in apps that don't support vst shells.  When it runs and dumps the shell it reports what's in it.  I always use it after I update Waves plugins so I can use them anywhere I want.

Pretty sure I got it off a link on KvR but it's been years.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account