• Software
  • Waves Plugin Updates Available (p.3)
2018/08/10 18:03:58
Grem
msorrels

When it runs and dumps the shell it reports what's in it.  

Does it still have the waves save and load feature?
2018/08/10 18:44:00
msorrels
Grem

If you mean the WaveSystem Toolbar at the top that lets you load and save settings/undo/redo and open the PDF manual, yes it's still there.  That's just part of the plugins, it is not some magical framework.
2018/08/10 20:57:01
bwbalint
2018/08/10 21:18:34
Grem
msorrels
Grem

If you mean the WaveSystem Toolbar at the top that lets you load and save settings/undo/redo and open the PDF manual, yes it's still there.  That's just part of the plugins, it is not some magical framework.

Great! So then the only reason for these 'Shells' are the license?
2018/08/10 21:43:39
msorrels
Waves uses the shells as a way of managing their collection of plugins.  It is just a software organization thing.  That's why they have separate shells for each version of their plugins.  Kind of a filing cabinet approach.  The VST system supports this shell feature and they chose to use it (even though some DAWs don't support it).  They actually aren't the only plugin developers using VST shells to bundle their plugins up.  For example Black Rooster Audio uses VST shells for their plugin system.

As for the multiple shells it appears it was just a choice they made to better support how they develop/install/update their software.  They could have done it other ways, it was a choice.  You can re-wrap VST shell plugins if you want to or bridge them or whatever, but there may be issues.  VST is a pretty loose standard.
2018/08/10 22:53:16
abacab
I bought a few Waves plugins this year on extreme sales.  They are great, and no regrets! 

But I think I am done with Waves as far as future purchases.  They really need to simplify their version control and installer procedures before I would consider any additions.
2018/08/12 11:01:59
Grem
I agree abacab. The installation needs improving. The way it is I cannot install just vst3 if I want. Or just vst2 if that's all I want. Or where I want them.

They finally relented and added an option for letting us install the samples where we like.
2018/08/14 08:21:40
TheSteven
>The installation needs improving.
Agreed.

While you can't pick what you are installing (32 bit, 64 bit, VST3) having Cakewalk only use the VST3s is a no brainer.
Just don't include have the Waves shell folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves, in your scan path.
Since a copy of the Waves Shell VST3 dll is also installed in the default VST3 dll folder i.e. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" or its Program Files (x86) counterpart the Waves VST3s will get picked up with your other VST3s when scanned.

2018/08/14 11:03:06
Grem
TheSteven
>The installation needs improving.
Agreed.

While you can't pick what you are installing (32 bit, 64 bit, VST3) is installed having Cakewalk only use the VST3s is a no brainer.

I think this may part of the reason why so many have problems with Waves plugins. Something about the way Cakewalk scans plugins triggers something in some peoples systems that conflicts with Waves system. I am only guess here. I don't know a damn thing about programming! : ) 
2018/09/23 23:54:20
Mesh
I have a bunch of version 10.0.0 plugins and one 9.2.0 plugin (TrueVerb). Only the TrueVerb is showing in CbB (even after a few scans). Everything in Waves Central is also up to date. 

How do I get it to see the rest? 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account