• SONAR
  • Melodyne Flat Line -reading as Percussion vs. Melody. Latest upgrade?
2018/11/28 03:00:24
michael japan
Recently Melodyne Assistant has been consistently reading the wav as a flat line. If I toggle the melodic to percussion and back then it re-draws correctly. So, yes, I have found a workaround. But one client, in particular, is pitch-challenged and I spend a lot of time fixing him. Why is it doing this now much more than before - Is it since the latest upgrade?
2018/11/28 06:11:07
mettelus
I did not load the newest Melodyne update because of the alogrithm-not-being-remembered issue noted in the release thread. Last I saw, this was acknowledged by Celemony, but I have not seen a fix out yet. If you kept an old installer, you can roll it back to 4.1 manually.
2018/11/28 08:27:53
michael japan
Thank you Michael.
2018/11/28 11:58:23
Steev
mettelus
I did not load the newest Melodyne update because of the alogrithm-not-being-remembered issue noted in the release thread. Last I saw, this was acknowledged by Celemony, but I have not seen a fix out yet. If you kept an old installer, you can roll it back to 4.1 manually.

Wise move mettelus, not being on the frontline of updater beta testers. Sure wish I thought of not doing that, oops... I guess I've been too busy concentrating on the horror issues of not upgrading Windows 10 I got distracted.
  I don't think the old installer will roll back as it always checks for the newest release. But just be patient, Celemony is on top of their game and will issue a fix shorty.

I saw the update notice and had some time to spare so I grabbed it and yes I noticed a new bug in Melodyne 4.2 defaulting to percussion when I tried out the update. 

Not that big of a deal for me as I don't rely or use Melodyne very often ever since getting Waves Tune Real-Time plugin will fix it going in and even though Melodyne can't, it really does so much more and still works great for everything else if I need or want it even with the new minor bug.
2018/11/29 22:50:14
Oblivious
FYI
From Celemony Support
Hello Sam,

thanks for the mail. Yes, this is currently an issue we’re trying to reproduce. It may be with us or CbB.
Workaround: Select the blobs and manually chose the algrorithm after.

With best wishes,
2018/11/30 02:17:37
bitflipper
I recently ran into this. I was editing two tracks, one of which came up as expected, the other came as percussion. Nothing I could do would convince it otherwise. So I abandoned the edits, un-did the regions and started over. The second time, it was the same scenario, except that the track algorithms had reversed: the one that had been correct was now incorrect and vice versa.

In the past, I was able to force the algorithm from the dropdown menu, but this time the melodic algo was disabled and could not be selected. Workaround was to edit each track separately. 

Hopefully this will be a temporary inconvenience, as Celemony historically has been very good about tracking down and fixing bugs. They're an exceptionally smart bunch over there in my old home town of München.
2018/11/30 08:46:52
Skyline_UK
Oblivious
FYI
From Celemony Support
Hello Sam,
thanks for the mail. Yes, this is currently an issue we’re trying to reproduce. It may be with us or CbB.
Workaround: Select the blobs and manually chose the algrorithm after.
With best wishes,

Hmm. I had a reply from 'Ulf' a while ago saying they were aware that the chosen default algorithm is not being remembered after the new update but that the fix would 'be a while'. I wouldn't have thought this was a major re-programing chore and it's a big bug to have introduced.
2018/11/30 14:49:30
mettelus
I would assume it would be simpler. Prior to launching analysis it just needs to grab which algorithm (index number) to use. It seems that it is just not saving that index when the program is closed since it seems to persist for a session. But then again, those who saw it magically resolve itself makes me wonder where exactly that index is stored. As long as it is stored, this should be a one-time thing max for everyone.
2018/11/30 17:35:14
Skyline_UK
In my case, the algorithm defaults to Melodic on first use in a CbB session.  All subsequent uses default to Percussion and I have to alter it each time.  I do have the previous version and really must roll back to it as I have a feeling nothing will be forthcoming from Celemony soon.
PS: It works in my Studio One 3.
2018/11/30 23:38:53
user390096
Hmm.. So it still doesn't work correctly in Cakewalk? I too, contacted "Ulf" about 2 months ago and he said they were working on it. I simply went back to the previous version but everytime I open it a big ad pops up telling me to get the latest, greatest version that STILL doesn't work in Cakewalk. Oh well, at least the previous version does miracles.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account