• SONAR
  • 528 hz frequency in sonar home studio 7 Solfeggio Frequencies (p.2)
2012/08/16 12:43:44
Beagle
If you want vocals to be adjusted AFTER the recording then you're going to need pitch tuning software.  V-vocal is available in X1 Studio and Producer, I believe, or 3rd party Melodyne by Celemony has some versions for $100, I think?

I would tune the voice to the detuned synth before recording.  that way you don't have to "fix" it.  in other words - if your keyboard is capable of this function (most are) then detune your keyboard, and then adjust the vocal pitch to match the keyboard before recording the voice.
2012/08/17 00:41:19
SToons
vickie_v

SToon,
thank you for in fact clarifying everything, and not further complicating it at all.
I didn't realize that this would cause such a debate, thank you all for your answers.
So it just comes down the slight adjustment in tuning then....correct?
I think I would like to do the adjustment post recording so that the vocals are included as well.

Thanks for the info, I will try inputting that number into the cakewalk, if not I believe I have a version of Audition.

If you end up in Audition and aren't sure how to set things up let me know. So yes, it does just boil down to a small adjutment in tuning, however, after reading their FAQ page I see that they are not, in fact, tuning the pitch up, they are speeding up the file but a very, very small amount which results in the raising the Pitch. When I have a few minutes I'll try to figure out the easiest way to duplicate this in Sonar or Audition.

Ditto to what Beagle said, in fact the 528 website suggests the same - tune the keyboard up in the settings and then just sing along. There will be nothing to convert after the fact. In other words set the keyboard Master Tuning to A=444 and then record your music. Sing along and it will feel/sound no different than it did before except a very small bit sharper, likely unnoticeable unless you have perfect pitch. Then you don't have to do anything else, no raising the pitch, no speeding up, nothing. Then simply use Audition or Sonar if you want to convert an existing recording. If you are using instruments that are on the computer (synths, VSTi's etc) then the issue is different and you may have to record in standard pitch and then convert, depending on which plugins/VSTi's you use. Are you only using the external keyboard at the moment? 

As 528 says on the FAQ page, number 10, most people cannot even hear a difference between A=440 and A=444 and even if they could it would only be if you switched back and forth between the original and the "528" version numerous times. Even then many wouldn't hear the difference. As for "feeling" the difference, well, faith and belief can affect perception...who am I to say.
2012/08/17 08:32:22
vickie_v
Thanks SToons,
I probably will just tune the keyboard for instrumentals.
If it is barely detectable to the ear, I'm not sure if the vox would really be right or not....
Plus there are quite a few existing files I want to convert/play around with.

As it turns out, I don't have Audition, it is another audio program from Adobe called: Soundbooth..

If I could find out how to speed it up in Sonar would be good.
Thanks for all the detailed info, hopefully it will help others out too.

2012/08/17 14:21:03
vickie_v
OK thanks everyone for the help.

I tried punching that number into cakewalk for the "Tune up"
It would not accept it, it reverted back to zero.

Luckily Soundbooth worked like a charm, and it accepted the whole number sequence.
Super easy, just copy and paste.
You can also speed up in soundbooth, is there a specific formula/number for the speed up thing?

I played my keyboard against the new tuning, and it is very discernible to the naked ear, I can hear that it's off.
So Beagle is indeed correct in suggesting using the keyboard master tune on new projects, and then sing along.

THank you for all your help

2018/11/30 09:02:33
Markovalon
2018/11/30 09:05:13
Markovalon
2018/11/30 09:40:17
Steev
Zplane "ELASTIQUE PITCH" plugin should suit your needs for this very good, very precise, very effective. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account