• Features & Ideas
  • Transfer settings when replacing DXi with VSTi equivalent (p.2)
2016/03/05 20:32:39
azslow3
I am back at home, and at least in TTS-1, Cyclone and other DXi I see Cakewalk preset is there (since Cakewalk has the.  And the result can be exported as SPP in the manager

May be you are using VST menu? Cakewalk preset management is on the left side of it, with the name, next/previous, save and delete buttons.
2016/03/05 21:53:06
Kev999
azslow3
May be you are using VST menu? Cakewalk preset management is on the left side of it, with the name, next/previous, save and delete buttons.

Yes I was using the VST menu earlier.

On clicking the save button, there is no indication that it has saved anything or where it has been saved to. Clicking it again brings up the message "Overwrite existing preset?" with no option to rename the preset.

Anyway I have now managed to export an ssp file from both the DXi and VSTi versions of DimPro v1.2 (although the name of each preset was called "No Preset" and I couldn't change this). Unfortunately my attempts to export/import from one to the other were unsuccessful. Message dialog box said: "The file does not contain valid presets for the selected plug-in(s)". This doesn't look promising.

2016/03/06 04:08:54
azslow3
With "No Preset" you are getting closer... Here you should click/double click to enter the new name!
Than you can "Save", I normally press it again to be sure (with overwrite).

These presets are saved internally by Sonar. Once saved, you can work with them using Cakewalk Plug-in Manager from utilities menu. You can import/export/manage all of them at one place. You can export all presets for one plug-in into one SPP file, quite good approach for backup/transfer. Another advantage is key/control surface binding to change presets, plug-in independent way. Especially useful for plug-ins which have no own binding for that.
2016/07/03 03:41:55
Kev999
Before all you non-DX users dismiss this proposal, please consider that DXi to VSTi migration is not the only situation where a plugin's settings need to be transferred. There is also:
  • 32-bit VST to 64-bit VST
  • VST2 to VST3
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account