• Computers
  • Is the jury out on Win creator update?
2017/06/26 03:32:49
kawika
HI all, 

I just got a new rig and wondered if I should update OS  to  Win Creator.

thanks,

Kawika
2017/06/26 13:13:50
bwbalint
Creator edition seems to work well on my system. Make sure 'game mode' is off once it is installed. It added an app to create posted notes and the like which can be turned off. Not many other changes that affect performance as far I can tell.
2017/06/26 13:34:54
pwalpwal
no problems here
2017/06/26 14:03:35
azslow3
no problems for me either (very old system, unsupported roland and m-audio drivers).

But I think it is worse to repeat: switch gaming mode off! Even doubling ASIO buffer size does not help to avoid pops/click when it is on...
And one note, at least in German localization, when you open "Gaming" preferences from control panel, the first tab which you see (with "on"/"off" switch) is for Gaming Panel. It is NOT what should be switched off (while can also be switched off), make sure you turning off the switch in the right tab. I remember I have made that mistake at the beginning
2017/06/26 14:26:58
pwalpwal
isn't gaming mode off by default? (though i'd read that somewhere, haven't even checked locally! :-S )
2017/06/26 14:55:13
dwardzala
I suspect it is, because my performance (other than the goofy stuff going on with my trackball) improved significantly.  I was experiencing clicks and pops when playing any audio (iTune, Youtube, Sonar, etc.) through my interface and since the update I probably have 10-15 hours in Sonar without a click or pop.  I also haven't had any clicks or pops with iTunes either.
2017/06/26 18:46:37
fireberd
No problems with Creators Upgrade or with Sonar after upgrade.
2017/06/27 11:17:54
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
3 out of 4 PCs worked fine ... unfortunately the main DAW had hiccups. usb devices were performing unusual (MIDI interface not working, audio interface working but not allowing to change settings) ... needed to roll back. I tried a second time with same results, then went into troubleshooting and figured out that the A-PRO midi controller caused some strange conflicts with the other devices. with A-PRO unplugged all others worked. so I removed the A-PRO and had it reinstalled after a clean boot and now it all works as before. tested all attached devices and they seem to work fine ... but only had a few hours on 1703 yet, fingers crossed nothing else shows up.
2017/06/28 03:58:47
kawika
Thanks guys; noted: game mode off.
2017/07/01 11:00:34
David
Trackball issues here as well, super annoying , also lost the licence for cubase and wavelab and a few other programs.
It is working well audio wise.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account