• Software
  • Has anyone tried the Izotope Elements bundle? (p.3)
2017/07/09 03:47:54
bitflipper
I have a bunch of iZotope products, but that's mainly because they came in a bundle. None of them are bad. OK, maybe Trash is, a little. I like my distortion to sound like it originated in the real world, a la Saturn or a good amp sim. That doesn't make Trash bad, not really. Just not right for me.

Lots of folks love Nectar but I just don't get it, even though I keep trying. Tried it again today, in fact. And once again, meh. Maybe its fans are using it for the harmony generator, a feature I have no use for. 

Then there's Alloy. Oddly, Alloy doesn't seem to get much buzz, but I love it and find it to be very useful.

In the end there's really only one must-have iZotope product, and that's Ozone Advanced. Gotta go for the Advanced package because then you get all the Ozone modules as standalone plugins. And, of course, Insight, which looks very impressive. Visitors see that and think I must really know what I'm doing. ;)

I scored all these goodies for, IIRC, 200 bucks or so. It was a sale, plus a discount for previous customers. I already had Ozone Standard (been an Ozone fan since version 2) so I qualified for the discount. They called it the creative bundle, or something like that. I'm pretty sure they're still selling that bundle, so maybe your Nectar will qualify you for a discount.
2017/07/09 09:17:05
dubdisciple
I love nectar. The two things I use most are the plate reverb on vocals and the breath reduction. The rest is decent but not us3d as much
2017/07/09 13:27:11
kennywtelejazz
I have been known to use Nectar Elements on my Guitar parts ...
This tune right here that I just did tonight has Nectar Elements on my Lead playing.
https://soundcloud.com/gu...ppy-twanger-central-98

Kenny
2017/07/09 16:20:04
BassDaddy
kennywtelejazz
This tune right here that I just did tonight has Nectar Elements on my Lead playing.

Kenny

He's at it again! The Mangulator breaking new wind... I mean new ground.
2017/07/09 18:15:56
kennywtelejazz
BassDaddy
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

He's at it again! The Mangulator breaking new wind... I mean new ground.

The audience that was present at the Mangulator's home studio for his newest recording ...

Kenny

2017/07/09 19:38:27
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Since I could only do one deal this month in that price range I wound up bumping up my version of Traction Waveform 8 to the full version by doing their July 4 th deal of getting BioTek and their plugin suite ...

So many Deals so little Money

all the best,

Kenny

Hey Kenny, How ya like that Biotek? 

Like you, I only had room for one deal in the budget this time around, and they had sent me an email about that special deal.  I did consider it, because I had tried the Biotek trial for 30 days, and found some really cool ambient environmental sounds in there.  Plus it looks like a lot of hybrid potential in there.  May end up with that one someday...

But in the end I went for the iZotope Iris 2 synth, which was also on sale July 4th!  The demo sold me!  Great atmospheric and ambient sounds.  Love the filtering and modulation options.  Plus 11GB of samples to work with.  I'll stay busy with this one for a while! 
2017/07/10 13:54:49
kennywtelejazz
abacab

Hey Kenny, How ya like that Biotek? 

Hi abacab

I absolutely Love it . And then in about 2 weeks I'm gonna forget I even have it . Then I will be off chasing other fantastic synth deals in a far away Universe and Galaxy 

Just kidding around I love it it's a keeper .

Kenny
2017/07/10 14:50:33
dubdisciple
Btw, I think Neutron replaced Alloy
2017/07/10 16:03:44
BassDaddy
bitflipper

In the end there's really only one must-have iZotope product, and that's Ozone Advanced. Gotta go for the Advanced package because then you get all the Ozone modules as standalone plugins. And, of course, Insight, which looks very impressive. Visitors see that and think I must really know what I'm doing. ;)

Or, you can ply them with liquor and put up the Matrix raining code screensaver. That's how I do it.  
2017/07/11 01:06:16
Fleer
My Russian POTUS golden shower vid does the thing every time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account