• Software
  • VCV Rack - Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW (p.2)
2017/09/24 16:17:59
scook
There was a problem prior to 0.3.1 requiring presets load from the same folder as the program or the modules would not display properly.

The developer is pretty responsive. Either email issues or report them at Github.

I believe the program is being developed on a Mac and the programmer does not have much experience with Windows. To compile the program on Windows requires MSYS2 a Unix-like environment.

2017/09/25 15:47:45
scook
updated to 0.3.2

I did not overwrite the Rack folder instead renamed it and copied the new version into a fresh Rack folder.
Then copied the session.json from the old Rack folder into the new one. This saves retyping login.
Ran rack, refreshed plug-ins. So far plug-ins must be updated with every release.
2017/11/19 18:08:04
Wookiee
Version 0.5.0 is on the horizon should have a new zoom facility and is supposed to be using a new Audio API.
2017/11/19 18:15:52
scook
Yes, I just compiled the current dev version. ASIO is broken on Windows and the suggested fix is not working ATM. It appears the plan is to drop ASIO support in 0.5.0. Not a big deal as other drivers work.

Zoom is handy and Rack size is now persistent.

Some nice new modules too but I suspect that it will be a little while after 0.5.0 before most user modules are brought up to date. The module API is still a moving target.

Looking forward for the VST bridge which should be coming up next month.
2017/11/19 18:53:19
Wookiee
I have got a make environment establish on one of my PC and have been successful with a few of the ones not complied for windows, but have been a little busy with other things.  The ASIO support is a little annoying the current 0.4.0 version also seem to have a problem with Firewire devices (other have reported the problem) it frequently (read mainly) fails to find my Pro 40 though it appears to be the WASAPI that actually breaks the audio.  That fails and just kills off all audio. 
2017/11/19 21:32:11
scook
It appears ASIO support will be in 0.5.0. It is just not working in the dev version ATM.
2017/11/21 17:36:53
scook
0.5.0 released today
2018/02/24 17:01:22
scook
Did not bother to announce 0.5.1. It temporarily added a plug-in manager for free and paid modules. Plug-in manager free module support was suspended until the release of 0.6.0 which is scheduled for March. The plug-in web page does list most of the module creators and pre-compiled versions of the free modules. Even bigger news...0.6.0 will include the VST/AU bridge to interface VCV Rack with your DAW.
2018/03/28 18:42:10
scook
So 0.6.0 is rolling out. Currently, the binaries are available from links provided on the FB discussion group. The audio portion of VCV-Bridge is included. It works as a GUI-less FX plug-in. I have it loaded on a couple of tracks in SONAR 2017.09. Since it is an FX plug-in it must be routed to an Aux Track to record in real-time. Still more convenient that using one of the record modules in rack. Most of the plug-ins developed in 0.5x have been ported to 0.6.0. All of paid plug-ins have been ported but I have not found the new Hora modules.

update:
Hora modules released today.
Played around a little more with the audio VCV-Bridge. It can send and receive audio. Not only will the plug-in send audio from the track it is on but shows up as sends on other tracks as well. Add to that 16 CV automation envelops for each of the 16 ports in the plug-in.
2018/03/29 17:29:57
scook
0.6.0 officially released on the website.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account